Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just an fyi guys. Have had persistent data drop and LTE signal issues, went through several sim cards and 2 phones and last week finally called vzw and just demanded a RAZR as a replacement. The rep told me "that's not gonna happen," but asked his supervisor, and all of a sudden it was done.

Again, not knocking the bionic or anything, but this is amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just an fyi guys. Have had persistent data drop and LTE signal issues, went through several sim cards and 2 phones and last week finally called vzw and just demanded a RAZR as a replacement. The rep told me "that's not gonna happen," but asked his supervisor, and all of a sudden it was done.

Again, not knocking the bionic or anything, but this is amazing.

RAZR, not RAZR MAXX, right?

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Razr, if I'd had any sense I'd have pushed for the maxx, but honestly, compared to my bionic I'm getting far better battery life even with just the RAZR

lritch

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Talked with VZW yesterday again about my constant problems with my Bionic and they offered me the RAZR for free or the MAXX for $100. I politely declined and explained I didn't believe it was fair to have purchased the Bionic for fair to $299 and now have to purchase the MAXX for another $100 on top of that. They are now sending me a MAXX free of charge. Sorry Bionic but a year of your problems is enough......now I need to off load some accessories I guess.

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Talked with VZW yesterday again about my constant problems with my Bionic and they offered me the RAZR for free or the MAXX for $100. I politely declined and explained I didn't believe it was fair to have purchased the Bionic for fair to $299 and now have to purchase the MAXX for another $100 on top of that. They are now sending me a MAXX free of charge. Sorry Bionic but a year of your problems is enough......now I need to off load some accessories I guess.

Did you have to send your bionic back to Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The New RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD release in 7 days.

If I did try to trade up, it would be for one of these.

But I am very happy with my Bionic on ICS so not sure if I need to at this time. I want to see what comes up, would love a Quad Core on Jelly Bean and hoping that will be an option by May 2013 when I am eligible for an upgrade.

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Another I got a RAZR for my BIONIC story UPDATE - Got it swapped for a MAXX

After reading the replies and several similar threads I called back and called foul...
Got escalated through THREE levels of support Reps (never made it past tier 2 before ;-)
And... After nearly 90 minutes of holding my ground the MAXX will be here Tuesday.

It shouldn't have to work like this but honestly all I wanted was what I thought I was paying for with the BIONIC, an LTE device that actually holds a signal, that I can leave the house with for more than 3 hours at a time.

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem as OP... Constant data drops just started about 3 weeks ago. 4g/ 3g will not stay connected. At first they gave me the "droves of iphone5 users" excuse but that didn't explain why my wife or any of my co-workers weren't having problems. After swapping sim cards to work I just got a warranty replacement this weekend. Worked the first day but now in having dropouts again. Sounds like this is a bionic only issue?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is one thing I will give vzw, they swap out devices like candy. I started with a fascinate I got for a dollar on black Friday. They swapped it for a charge, then that for a rezound then the rezound for a sgs3. No new contract, no upgrades, no fees.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Worked the first day but now in having dropouts again. Sounds like this is a bionic only issue.
From what I've read, it mostly is. The good news is they fixed it in the ICS update. This forum is filled with posts from people that installed the ICS leaks that have raved about that and other performance improvements (myself included). Sure, installing unofficial "updates" isn't for everyone, but the better news is the soak test for the OTA ICS update is about to begin and could expect a full rollout in about two weeks or so from the sounds of it.

I'm surprised VZW would still be exchanging Bionics for this issue, instead of telling people to be patient for a few more weeks with the fix coming. I suggest you wait and see how you like ICS on the Bionic before you fight for a different phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Customer service doesn't know the update schedule at all. They were swapping out fascinates WHILE the fix was rolling out for the radio issues

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
nice! didn't think to ask for that. But, i left the house yesterday at 5:30am, had rooted the night before, but was setting up, downloading apps, streaming music and audio books, fairly heavy use day. When all was said and done at 11:30 that night i still had 40% battery life left!

I'm sold on this phone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ellusionz

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If I might intrude upon this thread.. was your phone out of warranty and did you contact Verizon or the Insurance to make a trade? My phone has been having issues with internet & gps, and when I was at the store they said since it's out of factory warranty so they can't do anything. I'll be able to get the early upgrade by December I was told and hope to get the Razr HD...

So if I'm going to pay 100 or so just to trade for an older model (hearing so many complaints about bionic replacements makes me hesitant to ask for one) would it be better just to toss the phone and forget it?
Or maybe see what they can replace it with and give that phone to my mom (whos looking to get her first data phone)?
Or even better, if I wait a bit would I be able to pay an up charge and upgrade to the Razr HD?

Thanks for any information y'all can give me!

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought my bionic on release day last September, so 13 months ago. I guess i don't even know how long the warranty lasts, but i called Verizon, not Assurian (the phoned insurance place that Verizon uses)... That being said, this was my 3rd device, so not sure if that somehow extends your warranty...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
If I might intrude upon this thread.. was your phone out of warranty and did you contact Verizon or the Insurance to make a trade? My phone has been having issues with internet & gps, and when I was at the store they said since it's out of factory warranty so they can't do anything. I'll be able to get the early upgrade by December I was told and hope to get the Razr HD...

So if I'm going to pay 100 or so just to trade for an older model (hearing so many complaints about bionic replacements makes me hesitant to ask for one) would it be better just to toss the phone and forget it?
Or maybe see what they can replace it with and give that phone to my mom (whos looking to get her first data phone)?
Or even better, if I wait a bit would I be able to pay an up charge and upgrade to the Razr HD?

Thanks for any information y'all can give me!

Had the same problems as you but I was under warranty. My replacement bionic still has Internet drops (which I found on this thread is a bionic issue that "should" get fixed with ics) but it doesn't have the gps problems anymore.
As for replacing the phone - they're gonna want that old one back. Unless I'm misunderstanding what u want to do there.

As for upgrading, it's up to you if u want to pay $100 for the bionic or $200/$300 for something newer and renew contract is up to you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2