The Soak Test Begins....

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
At the very least clear the google services framework. But yea, you're just wasting your time right now as it's not available to pull.

andthenwhat55

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Samuri,

I used the XDA developers forum instead of HoB to get to .232. If I use HoB to go to .246, it will still play nice even though I used the .232 build that they provided, correct?

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried to force the download a few times this morning, to no avail :-[ ...

BUT somewhere out in the ether, somebody got the word that I wanted it. .246 started downloading on its own a few minutes ago!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samuri,

I used the XDA developers forum instead of HoB to get to .232. If I use HoB to go to .246, it will still play nice even though I used the .232 build that they provided, correct?

OMG no! How dare you not use HoB to get that installed?! :D LMAO :) Yea, you're fine. The HoB doesn't care what you have installed as long as it's 905+.

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I know safestrap screws around with the preinstall folder and causes issues with updating.....even if you uninstalled safestrap

will HoB have a similar issue?

andthenwhat55

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to save myself from getting an earful for doing something stupid. :) Even though I didn't use HoB, you've taught me a lot from your guide, FAQ, and all your posts here on AC. I just want to say THANK YOU! for all your hard work.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know safestrap screws around with the preinstall folder and causes issues with updating.....even if you uninstalled safestrap

will HoB have a similar issue?

I have warnings in the OP about safestrap. I don't use it. I just know if you shut down on the safe side and uninstall it, you SHOULDN'T have issues. I replace the preinstall partition during the HoB process.

jcdubois

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Figures for my luck, I downloaded the push 3 times and the update bombs three times. I was not rooted and was running 905. I did a wipe back to stock 905 and the phone will not see the update.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If anyone getting it pushed happens to be rooted and can copy off the update before they install it I'd like the md5 has from it.
I've confirmed that the leak I use for the HoB is the same as what's being pushed out now. We're good and back on the ota path.
I'm confused. As far as any of us knew a week ago, the big difference between .246 and .247 was the patch to facilitate a later installation of JB, so those two packages would have to have hashed to different values. Now the consensus seems to be that .246 does in fact have that patch, but its hash is the same as what was available via HoB before the OTA was released? Just trying to figure out how the "patchless" .246 hashes to the same value as the OTA ... :confused:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. As far as any of us knew a week ago, the big difference between .246 and .247 was the patch to facilitate a later installation of JB, so those two packages would have to have hashed to different values. Now the consensus seems to be that .246 does in fact have that patch, but its hash is the same as what was available via HoB before the OTA was released? Just trying to figure out how the "patchless" .246 hashes to the same value as the OTA ... :confused:

The MD5 hash has nothing to do with it at all. You're mixing two issues up completely. The hash was so that I could verify that the leak from Sept 20 was identical to what was being pushed out OTA. And in fact, it is. The patch you're referring to was slipped in by Moto on the 19th unbeknownst to anyone except those who signed off on the build. We were led to believe that the patch was only in 247, but, that turns out to not be the case. IOW, the patch has been in 246 all along, but, it wasn't known about until 2 days ago.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the details. I was pleased to see you ask for the hashes on the OTA -- speaks well for your caution and precision, although frankly we are all way impressed with you in that regard already!

pdredman72

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! So I can relax and if for some reason Its not sent directly I can look for it then friday or saturday? It seems simple enough to run your program ive read every detail the one thing that stalls me is my only internet is my hotspot so if any problems occur I cant even ask a questiin immediately?

soon to be ICS Bionic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy