HoB .246 install aborted

andthenwhat55

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I read through the installation guide and FAQ and didn't see anything regarding my situation. I had .232 installed from the XDA developers guide and am trying to go to .246 with HoB. I've followed the menus up until the actual update part, and am now trying to apply the update. When I try the update, I get the following message:

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Finding update package . . .
Opening update package . . .
Verifying update package . . .
Installing update . . .
assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system
")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I also have the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic\rsd\SWDL.txt file contents:
10/19/12 14:05:58 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/19/12 14:05:58 New Log Started For Software Download.
10/19/12 14:05:59 The FlashLog key is turned off.

It looks like the log never started for some reason. I've re-tried the install a couple of times now with no luck. Suggestions?

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. I cancelled the update and batch file, rebooted, and started the HoB batch file again. This time it completed without any errors.

andthenwhat55

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It took a couple of hours, but I'm finally up and running on .246. On the first attempt, RSD didn't run and flash the necessary components in AP Flashboot. On the second attempt, RSD ran correctly, but when I powered down and tried to go into stock recovery, the phone booted normally and went to the black screen of death after flashing the motorola logo. I pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds, put it back in, and was able to successfully go into stock recovery and finish the update process. So far, so good, but tomorrow will be the real test. Hopefully .246's battery improvements are as advertised and I make it through an entire day of tailgating and fighting for a bandwidth with 90,000 other football fans packed in a stadium. Go Gators! And thanks to everybody in the Bionic community. You guys are great!

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue and am beyond frustrated. I HOB'd to 247 2 weeks ago with no problem. Now I'm trying to flash to 246 and cant because I keep getting stuck on "daemon started successfully". So it's not finding my phone. I've read the HOB FAQs and everything is set up appropriately. I turned debugging on and off. I unplugged the cable etc. I even re-installed HOB, the RSD etc and re-booted to no avail. Looks like I'm stuck on 247 forever unless I or someone here can help.

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue and am beyond frustrated. I HOB'd to 247 2 weeks ago with no problem. Now I'm trying to flash to 246 and cant because I keep getting stuck on "daemon started successfully". So it's not finding my phone. I've read the HOB FAQs and everything is set up appropriately. I turned debugging on and off. I unplugged the cable etc. I even re-installed HOB, the RSD etc and re-booted to no avail. Looks like I'm stuck on 247 forever unless I or someone here can help.

Try starting over with a fresh install of the updated HOB 8.1 installer.

Remove all of the old files and re download everything needed on your pc.

I had a similar issue going from 246 to 247 when it came out, and when I reinstalled all of the HOB items again from scratch, it installed with no issues.

I also used HOB 8.1 to go back down to 246 with no problems.

Just make sure you install all of the needed items listed at the beginning of the FAQ.

He has covered just about every possible question there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Try starting over with a fresh install of the updated HOB 8.1 installer.

Remove all of the old files and re download everything needed on your pc.

I had a similar issue going from 246 to 247 when it came out, and when I reinstalled all of the HOB items again from scratch, it installed with no issues.

I also used HOB 8.1 to go back down to 246 with no problems.

Just make sure you install all of the needed items listed at the beginning of the FAQ.

He has covered just about every possible question there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Did that - nothing. Even went back to the old version of HOB. That didn't work either. Doing a factory reset now. Lets see if this works. If it doesn't I've tried everything.