Question about the OTA

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The Bionic community has been very helpful in answering my questions and giving me advice. That being said, with .905 being released quite a long time ago, I have a few questions:

I am currently running .232, will the OTA notification still show up on my phone (nothing yet)? Or will I have to flash back to .905; it's my understanding I'll have to anyways to update through the official release?

I still haven't figured out who gets the OTA and when; is this done regionally or should I be able to update today (I live in Richmond, VA)?

Would it be worth the effort to try to update today or should I wait until after the weekend (I'll be drilling with my Guard unit Sa & Su)?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Patience, young padawan. Wait for the power of the OTA to come to you.

Actually, no it won't. The OP said he's on 232. Since he, and anyone that is on one of the leaks is off the official release, we will have to manually update. We can either do it via the HoB script, or roll back to 905 (if on 232 or below now) and then our phones will take the OTA update.

The OTA looks for the 905 versions to determine if it can push the update to you, that's why being on a leak keeps you from receiving it.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am on stock 905, but not getting the update. Checking system updates it says my device is up to date.

When will the OTA get to everyone?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic community has been very helpful in answering my questions and giving me advice. That being said, with .905 being released quite a long time ago, I have a few questions:

I am currently running .232, will the OTA notification still show up on my phone (nothing yet)? Or will I have to flash back to .905; it's my understanding I'll have to anyways to update through the official release?

I still haven't figured out who gets the OTA and when; is this done regionally or should I be able to update today (I live in Richmond, VA)?

Would it be worth the effort to try to update today or should I wait until after the weekend (I'll be drilling with my Guard unit Sa & Su)?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

If you want it officially, flash back to 905. You won't be able to get it OTA while on 232.

Timzwombat

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ya same here I am waiting for the update I have been checking but nothing I really am ready for ICS and I want it now I have been waiting to long for this thing.I'm in Florida

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
So, if one on .232 wants to go back to 9.05 but didn't get on .232 with the HoB route, how does one do it? Thanks in advance!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You'll need read the HoB directions for exactly how, but you can use it. HoB its just a different way of doing things. Version 232, 905, 246, etc are the same no matter how you got them installed or choose to revert.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513