Initial Impressions of OTA .246

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I have two Bionics, and the one my son uses got the 1.2 overclock, and mine stayed at 1.0. Does anyone know of a way (w/o rooting or factory reset if possible) to try rerunning the update to try to get the 1.2 speed?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have two Bionics, and the one my son uses got the 1.2 overclock, and mine stayed at 1.0. Does anyone know of a way (w/o rooting or factory reset if possible) to try rerunning the update to try to get the 1.2 speed?

When the phone boots up the first time after the update, it checks your phone (either a script or looking at the cpu revision....no one really knows for sure) and determines if it's capable of a 1.2 overclock. If not, you get stuck at 1.0.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I read that part already. I was hoping that since then someone had figured out how it makes the determination, and if there was a way to rerun the "sumcheck" or whatever it is that makes the decision to possibly achieve a different result.

burbley

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking the ability to drop groups of apps into the Favorites tray, where they are available from any screen.

I tried to add a group to the screen by doing the following:
  • Push the apps button on the home screen
  • Selecting the Group selection at the top left of the screen
  • Selecting "Add Group to Home"

I see the toast message: Shortcut "groupname" created.

However, when I go back to the home screen, there is no shortcut visible anywhere.

UPDATE: You can create the folder by manually dropping another shortcut onto an existing shortcut. This will create a new folder. Tap on the bottom of the popup to give the folder a name.

Last edited:

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a new phone all right...one that doesn't work as well as it used to. One Note mobile won't load a particular page that I use every day (opened a thread on Apps) even after making it smaller. The You Tube app plays videos but without audio. And now MX Video player has no audio either although it was working an hour ago.
I turned off and back on and got audio back but why the *&%$ do I have to do all this %$#@? And now it won't connect to my home WiFi. WTF!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm watching a video on YouTube right now. No audio issues. Before that, I was listening to my music via Google Music. No audio issues.

brnscofrnld

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Phew, mine is at least showing 1.2ghz on quadrant. If it's certain batches I bought mine on day one of availability.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm watching a video on YouTube right now. No audio issues. Before that, I was listening to my music via Google Music. No audio issues.

At first I didn't have the issue, but now I do.

Edit: I guess it happens occasionally because I just got on YouTube without restarting and theres audio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

brnscofrnld

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, I'm showing 1.2 as well, but I got mine at the end of February.

Yeah, I was posting the time frame to see if others may have bought around the same time. I guess there are other factors of who gets the boost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
  • YouTube is fine, both audio and video.
  • WiFi connectivity is improved. Titanium Backup runs its various jobs overnight, then copies the saveset to Dropbox. Under GB I would routinely receive the notification that the upload had failed due to connectivity issues. So far under ICS I have yet to see that notification -- it just works.
  • The ICS car dock works in vertical format! Hurray! So much better for navigation apps, since you can see more of the road ahead!

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Received ICS update yesterday - installed without issue and everything works as it should. I haven't been off the OTA path, so this is all new to me. Fantastic update. It's like a new phone. Very responsive. I was also very pleased that we received Smart Actions in this update, which I was not expecting. Only thing I don't like is the default keyboard, which is easily fixed. Great update!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the WiFI working consistently. The One Note app cannot handle larger table format notes (like if they started life as a spreadsheet). I had to cut rows and farm off the older rows. So under ICS One Note cannot handle as large a table on a page as it could under GB. That was aggravating. The headphone whine is back. And the battery life is worse.