Initial Impressions of OTA .246

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded Flash 11.1 and Dolphin 8.5.1 APK's on my Nexus 7. is there something in the particular flavor of ICS for Bionic that will prevent me from doing that?? IF so, yet another reason for me to be aggravated with Moto/Verizon yet again. sigh.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I sideloaded Flash 11.1 and Dolphin 8.5.1 APK's on my Nexus 7. is there something in the particular flavor of ICS for Bionic that will prevent me from doing that?? IF so, yet another reason for me to be aggravated with Moto/Verizon yet again. sigh.

Same here.. I recently did that with my Nexus 7, but I'm wondering if the Dolphin Browser Beta will support Flash player if I side load it. I hate the browser I have to use to access Flash player onmy Nexus 7 (Aurora)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It was in Dolphin Browser that I discovered the issue this morning, when I started to listen to an overseas news program that runs in either Flash or Windows Media Player :( . Reinstalling as outlined above has me back up and listening, with no additional actions required for the browser in particular.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So we received 246, but 247 was the update we were supposed to get if we were getting jb. But now Motorola is saying we'll get jb in q4. So how's that going to work? And for those with inside sources, did they tell you why they chose to go with 246? Just curious, and happy i now have ics.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Several have no doubt discovered that Flash is gone after the OTA, and the page on which it used to reside in the Google Play Store is no longer live. I've seen various approaches to the problem, but the easiest for me was as follows:
Hope that helps!
Here's the direct link to the Play store location.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&token=2zvyooDb

I can access it via the play app, but trying to access via the browser on my phone gives a page not found error. Alternately, you can go to that link from your computer and have Google push it to your phone (which is what I did).

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just a few tips based on what I've been reading on this thread...

Try Boat Browser on Google Play. Very nice browser and works great with Flash and ICS/Jellybean.

Also, to access Flash again go to your apps in Google Play then over to All Apps and scroll down until you find it and then reinstall it.

Finally when you disable apps in ICS they will appear at the bottom of your manage apps list. You can re-enable them from there.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2.

DroidST

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&token=_WWagnp9

I can access it via the play app, but trying to access via the browser on my phone gives a page not found error. Alternately, you can go to that link from your computer and have Google push it to your phone (which is what I did).

I went from 232 to 246 via HoB, after a day I decided to do a Factory Reset (felt battery was draining too fast).. anyways, I couldn't find Flash on the market from the phone, just searched from my laptop and found at that link and clicked install.. works great!

brnscofrnld

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Any word if there is a way to disable the boat ware with ICS? Something similar to what could be done on the RAZR?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Kruby

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Put the leak of the OTA on my wife's phone this morning. Really like it. Couldn't wait for push lol. She was bothered at first but is learning it quickly. I like how stock it looks in some aspects. So far no problems.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

Kruby

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You can disable bloat, must un install updates first then you can disable.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any word if there is a way to disable the boat ware with ICS? Something similar to what could be done on the RAZR?
Go to the Manage Apps menu setting. For each bloat ware you don't want, go into its settings, first uninstall updates (if applicable), then the button changes to "Disable". If you ever want them back (does anyone ever? Lol), go to the manage apps again, go to the "All" tab, and you will find them at the very bottom of the list.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&token=7PI3Bl_b

Interesting. Trying to get to that link from my computer yields the same results as from the phone: Not Found and We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Trying to get to that link from my computer yields the same results as from the phone: Not Found and We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Were you logged into your Google account?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im so sick of waiting Musta hit my system update button 1million times since friday? This waiting stinks!

soon to be ICS Bionic

Hitting the system update before it's ready sends you to the back of the list. ;)

thejames77

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My initial impression? Im still sick of waiting. Verizon is a joke. Jelly Bean will be another years wait.
Should have gotten the iPhone. Live and learn I guess.

pdredman72

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That there is funny! Wished my obsessive compulsive disorder would slow down to my tech speed! To the back of the bus and sit down n shut up! Lol

soon to be ICS Bionic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy