DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sam,
Do yo know if that was in response to all the ICS leaks?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

No, it was in response to all the smart asses who said "Well, if they REALLY wanted to stop all the leaks they'd secure their servers...wink wink" as if to imply that A> their servers weren't secure (they were and are) and that B> Motorola implicitly allowed the leaks (they didn't...they considered it stealing). People had NO CLUE AT ALL what cheesecake was and or how it worked. It took advantage of a security hole *on the phone* to allow them to pull leaks from servers they weren't authorized to use. Moto, with ICS, closed the hole. Thus ending the cheesecake legacy and shutting those morons up who thought it was all done intentionally by Moto.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since they accidentally released the first RAZR JB build, and if it is supposed to be exactly the same as ours, and they are maybe speeding up the development of the RAZR build since they screwed up a couple weeks ago, does that mean it sped up the development of our build too?

Ok, well, lemme see if I can clarify a little of this. The first build was for the RAZR. It was built on top of the same kernel we got with ICS...3.0.8. Definitely, without any doubt, an unfinished build. It hadn't even gone through testing yet before it was accidentally pushed. So, Moto worked double shifts on trying to fix the build. They came up empty. It was just too broken to fix. I'm not going to get into the details here, but, let's say Moto called in an audible and got a new engineering build created for the OMAP4 phones...D4, RAZR, and Bionic. They created a release build for D4 and RAZR from that new engineering build and tested the living crap out of it on D4 and RAZR over the course of I think 4 or 5 days. Then all of a sudden a release build showed up in testing for Bionic with the exact same version number. This, my friends, is the beauty of a unified builds. :)

TLDR: Yes, unified builds rock and sped up development *A LOT*.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It'll be a sad day when you decide to buy a different brand of phone and we can't get our insider Moto information anymore... Well, I can't wait. ICS is cool, and I'm sure JB will be even sweeter.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Assuming, as Samuri says, nothing goes wrong and assuming they are making decent progress, I am assuming this will happen, even if we slip past the 19 month window. Lots of assuming!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Assuming, as Samuri says, nothing goes wrong and assuming they are making decent progress, I am assuming this will happen, even if we slip past the 19 month window. Lots of assuming!

I've been told that yes, if required, they can go past 18 months. If they get it out before March they won't have to worry about it. Everything I've seen says they're on track. We should be seeing a razr soak in the next week or two. Followed by a d4. Then us.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

matriX1218

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been told that yes, if required, they can go past 18 months. If they get it out before March they won't have to worry about it. Everything I've seen says they're on track. We should be seeing a razr soak in the next week or two. Followed by a d4. Then us.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Wow...

Waiting for it..

sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm told my guess of mid to late Feb is pretty close assuming nothing goes wrong.

This is like a Twilight Zone moment for me. I had posted on another Droid Bionic forum that my guess for when JB would probably be rolled out on February 21, 2013 (the day of the Budweiser Qualifying races at Daytona). Like I said, it was a pure guess on my part but after reading some of your posts on this forum I'm beginning to think that great minds tend to think alike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21