DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
i don't think anyone wants to buy a junk phone. been that way since day 1.

I don't post here much, mostly read. I think I echo a lot of people in this area though. Just go away dude, I'm going to use the traditional response, go buy a phone with a fruit label on it, maybe that will make you happy.

To everybody else, sorry guys, just have a low tolerance for the whiners in here.

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
SamuriHL, Is there a particular network you are referring to that is 'bootloader friendly'? I didn't know there was any that was truly 'bootloader friendly'. Just curious.

marleyinoc

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I do my share of whining :) but if you put your phone up for sale it will go quick. The Bionic is still a solid device!

Still, I understand why someone would think/say something negative considering all the snafus with it.

But I've used it and a GS3 on ingress (showing missus) and while the Bionic isn't the better device it's not that horrible in comparison, either. GPS sucks on both in that game, though, lol.

~Enlightened Bionic

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't post here much, mostly read. I think I echo a lot of people in this area though. Just go away dude, I'm going to use the traditional response, go buy a phone with a fruit label on it, maybe that will make you happy.

To everybody else, sorry guys, just have a low tolerance for the whiners in here.

looks like i'm not the only one with a junk phone. is it my fault i like a near perfect phone. but if you like your junk product. more power to you.

what you all gonna do when verizon starts charging for skype. word is skype is working out a pay deal with verizon and att.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
SamuriHL, Is there a particular network you are referring to that is 'bootloader friendly'? I didn't know there was any that was truly 'bootloader friendly'. Just curious.

AT&T doesn't care. Look at the s3. Only locked on VZW. So that's who I'd be looking good at if I switched.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
sprint doesn't care either.

i remember a few years back. when people woke up and there verizon phones were tampered with. bing was installed. something else was uninstalled. and a few other details i can't remember right off hand.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Snowwy, I've had Verizon for years and smart phones since the original Droid. When did the supposed "bing" event happen?
The only thing even close to that is the Fascinate shipping with bing instead of Google search/maps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I put up with the BS from VZW is that I live in a kind of remote area and I have friends with all the other major carriers and not one of them has as good of reception and signal as VZW. Lots of times when out on the river or lake fishing or somewhere hunting they have no service at all and I will have better than half. Only one or two places I have been that I have no signal and usually only have to move a few feet and have it again. It is so much of an issue with other carriers that I will not leave VZW for that reason alone.

kurumatt

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So wait, I don't understand why if our update is ready we are not getting it before the other phones. Our phone was the first one out, and should be the first to be updated. That's crappy customer service imo.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
LMAO. We've always been the last of OMAP4 phones to get updated. And it looks like the build was rejected so a new one has been started. And I'm told something else went down over the weekend so I don't know what the current status is. Right now the Bionic build 98.72.17 is being tested but I have no idea if that build will survive. I guess Moto and VZW have different definitions of "completed".

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Holy crap, my phone said you made this post in 1981! uploadfromtaptalk1360595965165.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic may be the red headed step child of Verizon, but I love it the way it is on ICS. Much of what I've heard about JB wouldn't be of much benefit to me. I'm sure it would be nice, but no skin off my back if it doesn't come.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic may be the red headed step child of Verizon, but I love it the way it is on ICS. Much of what I've heard about JB wouldn't be of much benefit to me. I'm sure it would be nice, but no skin off my back if it doesn't come.

I have the same opinion. JB would be sweet if and when we get it. It's still being tested so there's at least some hope that it'll come eventually. But if it doesn't, and they choose to focus their attention on newer phones, I'd consider that just fine. I still think we'll see JB. When? I have no idea at this point. Honestly, given that I'm seriously considering leaving the VZW nest at some point this year, I'm looking toward Moto's newer phone scheduled to come out in July. That X phone is going to be a beast, and will NOT be tied to one carrier. Bring it on I say. :)

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the same opinion. JB would be sweet if and when we get it. It's still being tested so there's at least some hope that it'll come eventually. But if it doesn't, and they choose to focus their attention on newer phones, I'd consider that just fine. I still think we'll see JB. When? I have no idea at this point. Honestly, given that I'm seriously considering leaving the VZW nest at some point this year, I'm looking toward Moto's newer phone scheduled to come out in July. That X phone is going to be a beast, and will NOT be tied to one carrier. Bring it on I say. :)

Do you have any insider information about the Xphone that would excite us and give us hope?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude