DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
He's a good guy. He's been fighting for us behind the scenes more than people know. Those criticizing him on his G+ page don't have a clue what they're saying. Build 19 seems to be done testing. I don't know if that means it's ready and has been accepted, or if VZW said no and there'll be a new build.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
He's a good guy. He's been fighting for us behind the scenes more than people know. Those criticizing him on his G+ page don't have a clue what they're saying. Build 19 seems to be done testing. I don't know if that means it's ready and has been accepted, or if VZW said no and there'll be a new build.

There is definitely more behind the scenes holding this whole process back. Both the razr and the droid 4, from the last you told us, have been done testing for a while. But they haven't been released yet, and if we are last in line then it's not like they've been waiting for the bionic build. I doubt they would release all three at the same time, but you never know. Do you think they will do their customary soak test, or just move to release?

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I do know if they'll do a soak or not but I can't discuss it. I just don't know when things will start happening.

Do you think they'll do all three at once, or split them up? If they're split up with a soak we're probably at least 6 weeks out, w/o soak at least 3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
RAZR has to be their first priority. Question is: will they do the soak like they did for ICS on the Bionic, where it was released very quickly after the soak began.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just received a soak test invite from Moto for the RAZR/RAZR Maxx XT912. I'm a former Bionic owner, and still keep up with this forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Samuri, I want you to know that your posts have taught me a lot over the past year. I have followed your advice to read and understand before rooting or flashing. Thank you! John

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's my opinion that all the builds are done. RAZR was completed on the 11th. D4 on the 18th. Bionic on the 22nd. This is just my opinion. I have no proof. If I'm right, this is what we'll see:

98.72.16 RAZR / MAXX soak this week
98.72.18 D4 soak a week later
98.72.19 Bionic soak in 3 or 4 weeks.

This is NOT fact. This is PURE speculation. I've always said I will tell you when I'm making a guess that COULD BE WRONG. This is one of those times.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
It's my opinion that all the builds are done. RAZR was completed on the 11th. D4 on the 18th. Bionic on the 22nd. This is just my opinion. I have no proof. If I'm right, this is what we'll see:

98.72.16 RAZR / MAXX soak this week
98.72.18 D4 soak a week later
98.72.19 Bionic soak in 3 or 4 weeks.

This is NOT fact. This is PURE speculation. I've always said I will tell you when I'm making a guess that COULD BE WRONG. This is one of those times.

This makes a lot of sense, actually. If the Bionic timing is correct, we will not see a general rollout during Q1, which would be consistent with the Moto Update page. Obviously, this is Samuri's best guess and may or may not be spot on, but here's hoping!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea I can't stress enough that this is a GUESS as to how this is going to go down. I also know that the update for the 98.82.8 build that was rolled out in December for the RAZR is done, so, that'll be pushed at the same time. Good times.

Now I get to my caution statement. Until we know if we can root this thing, be very careful.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This makes a lot of sense, actually. If the Bionic timing is correct, we will not see a general rollout during Q1, which would be consistent with the Moto Update page. Obviously, this is Samuri's best guess and may or may not be spot on, but here's hoping!

Curious. Did you read anywhere from Motorola officially that gave a timeframe? As far as I know, the DROID RAZR, DROID 4, and DROID Bionic support pages said "Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)" without giving a date.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Curious. Did you read anywhere from Motorola officially that gave a timeframe? As far as I know, the DROID RAZR, DROID 4, and DROID Bionic support pages said "Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)" without giving a date.

RAZR actually had Q1. The others had what you quoted.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
RAZR and D4 usually starts on a Monday. So I'd not be surprised if it went out today. That's not a guarantee. With Google running the show now who knows. Seems likely that it'll be this week. I can also confirm that the update to 98.72.8 (the xmas build that was accidentally pushed out) and the update for 211 are both coming at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781