DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's the point I was making, Ry. :) Retail is NOT the same as non-subsidized from VZW. If I can buy it cheaper from another company, it means that I don't have to sign a new VZW contract. VZW has 2 prices....retail and subsidized. Another company may want to get you to buy from them so they put the phone on sale. If Google wants to "subsidize it" through the play store, great. I have no issue with that as there isn't any strings attached. And that's exactly my point.

As for the Charge, that doesn't count. It wasn't the droid I was looking for. LMAO :D Yea I did forget about that one.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok , I have to ask my obligatory question: has the razr received the soak. test today or yesterday? :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Bionic ain't getting a release soon. New build just started testing today. COME ON!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish I was. I don't know if it's another "247" situation where they just keep doing builds or what, but, if this is in fact a situation where VZW rejected another build, we're in for another month before a POSSIBLE release.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I was. I don't know if it's another "247" situation where they just keep doing builds or what, but, if this is in fact a situation where VZW rejected another build, we're in for another month before a POSSIBLE release.

Hahaha! Please oh please just cancel jb now so i can get my moto $100 for my x phone...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha! Please oh please just cancel jb now so i can get my moto $100 for my x phone...

Nope. Punit has said it's getting JB even if it's well past the EOL. Which, um, obviously it will be. I'm being told that the mid-march timeline stands for getting JB out on the Bionic. I call BS. I think we're looking last week of March or first week of April at the earliest. Call me pessimistic.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand VZW's resistance to just putting something out there. It seems by the time they release an OTA, most of the original Bionic adopters will be looking ahead to future devices as our contracts will have expired.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand VZW's resistance to just putting something out there. It seems by the time they release an OTA, most of the original Bionic adopters will be looking ahead to future devices as our contracts will have expired.

Then you understand. :) They want you to buy a new phone. They don't want to have to support a new version of an old phone. They don't see how that provides them any benefit whatsoever. Moto and customers disagree STRONGLY, but, VZW is a honey badger.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm being told that the mid-march timeline stands for getting JB out on the Bionic. I call BS. I think we're looking last week of March or first week of April at the earliest. Call me pessimistic.
Samuri, you're going to need a vacation by the time this finally rolls out. Who knew that this little box in our shirt pockets would end up being the locus of so much drama over the course of its lifetime?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samuri, you're going to need a vacation by the time this finally rolls out. Who knew that this little box in our shirt pockets would end up being the locus of so much drama over the course of its lifetime?

If it does come out in mid-march, I WILL be on vacation when it comes. ;) And yes, this poor little phone has gone through a lot. And it seems we're not done. Yet. And no one needs to even bother asking if we'll ever see another update after this....the answer is, NO.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Punit has said it's getting JB even if it's well past the EOL. Which, um, obviously it will be. I'm being told that the mid-march timeline stands for getting JB out on the Bionic. I call BS. I think we're looking last week of March or first week of April at the earliest. Call me pessimistic.

I'm willing to bet he wants to release, even after EOL because he doesn't want to pay $100 per bionic in addition to the angry customers too. Of course, he already has frustrated customers on his hands, even if it wasn't his fault, so 100 moto bucks would make some of us happier.

Can't wait to see the posts here on April fools day...

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Call me cheap, but jb for a month or two isn't worth $100

Isn't the $100 bucks only if you purchase from Verizon or am I wrong about that? I'll be looking for the X phone as well but I want to get make sure I keep my unlimited data with it so I'll be paying full price. I'm hoping to get it cheaper without Verizon's help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the $100 bucks only if you purchase from Verizon or am I wrong about that? I'll be looking for the X phone as well but I want to get make sure I keep my unlimited data with it so I'll be paying full price. I'm hoping to get it cheaper without Verizon's help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ou-may-qualify-for-100-back%2F&token=sPxjpcIq

Of course the x phone isn't there since it's not announced, but I'd assume it will be.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I take it you didn't read the fine print on that 100 dollar BS deal or you wouldn't be so gung ho about it. You DO get that you have to send them your phone right? You could easily sell it on ebay for more than 100 bucks.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I take it you didn't read the fine print on that 100 dollar BS deal or you wouldn't be so gung ho about it. You DO get that you have to send them your phone right? You could easily sell it on ebay for more than 100 bucks.

The bionic? In four months? You really think so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC