DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samuri,

I tried the method you provided above. I lost the SU that was provided via that dropbox link and now I just have the original backup SU1. I cannot rename this back to SU. Now I cannot get root privileges at all. Restoring root from Voodoo no longer does anything. Did I just completely lose root by trying this? Is there anyway to rename SU1 back to SU?

When I try to update Binaries I will now get "Failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue." Now this is obviously because SU is now named SU1, but it looks like I have no way to rename it. Damn it.

Um, I honestly don't know. That seems bad.

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Sam,

I'm guessing it isn't possible but thought I would ask anyways.

Talking about the security file you were commenting about earlier, we couldn't just replace that file with the one in ICS before install, could we? Surely it wouldn't be that simple to do, would it?

Just a thought. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sam,

I'm guessing it isn't possible but thought I would ask anyways.

Talking about the security file you were commenting about earlier, we couldn't just replace that file with the one in ICS before install, could we? Surely it wouldn't be that simple to do, would it?

Just a thought. :)

What do you mean by "replace"?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having the same issue and I'm also totally stock and unrooted. Do I just need to try downloading the link again?

You guys need to post the full error.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I figured as much. This sucks.

Hang in there. We haven't had all the root exploits tested yet. And there's at least some hope on one that's being tested now. No guarantees but if it works we can get root back on JB. I will warn you though, it's a VERY complicated exploit and requires <--- NOT kidding....Linux.

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled SS and re-enabled all disabled apps. Still get (status 7) during update. It fails with some checksums for services.odex. Is there anything I can do short of going through HoB again?

I just ran through HoB and preserved all data. Re-rooted and re-enabled Voodoo OTA. Manual update is now underway without the status 7 error.

Updating BP...
Updating LTE...

(fingers crossed)

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh, just copy the ICS version right over the Jelly Bean version before installing. I know, probably not going to happen because it's probably more intertwined with things than I realize, but just thought I would ask in case it hadn't been considered.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hang in there. We haven't had all the root exploits tested yet. And there's at least some hope on one that's being tested now. No guarantees but if it works we can get root back on JB. I will warn you though, it's a VERY complicated exploit and requires <--- NOT kidding....Linux.

Hopefully. I do have Ubuntu on Virtual Box so here's hoping.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, just copy the ICS version right over the Jelly Bean version before installing. I know, probably not going to happen because it's probably more intertwined with things than I realize, but just thought I would ask in case it hadn't been considered.

Um, no. The updates are signed with 2048 bit encryption. As soon as you touch one bit in that update it's no longer valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully. I do have Ubuntu on Virtual Box so here's hoping.

Someone's working on it now. It's the AtrixHD root exploit that requires using samba. Major PITA but if it works.....

dschrauben

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on the SOAK list (at least I didn't get the email) yet it looks as though my phone is downloading the update. Is there anything (other than go into airplane mode) to stop this from happening? I am completely stock and am reluctant to "install" this update until I know there is a workaround in case it disables some app I utilize (like Foxfi)

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Um, no. The updates are signed with 2048 bit encryption. As soon as you touch one bit in that update it's no longer valid.

Okay. I knew it couldn't be that simple bit thought I would just throw that out there. Thank you. :)

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
GPS gets position fix so much quicker now (without WiFi)

FWIW I signed up for the Soak, and got the email last night saying I'll receive it early today. But thanks to Sam, I installed before any notification.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

johnejo

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
How's Google Now? Someone said they were having issues with updating the app with messages saying device not compatible.