Got the update, failed to install

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the update, and it failed to install on my rooted Bionic. So I tried again, no good. Backed up data, factory reset the phone, dl the update and still NOT INSTALLING! Any ideas?

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like VZW is going to pull the update off the servers.
That would be an interesting approach, to say the least. Do you have a link to further information on that? I'd be fascinated to see how they're proposing to handle the systems that have already successfully applied the OTA.

WLS-ITguy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
That would be an interesting approach, to say the least. Do you have a link to further information on that? I'd be fascinated to see how they're proposing to handle the systems that have already successfully applied the OTA.

Guess they haven't yet. I can still download the update, unsuccessfully of course.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much had to go back to 902, OTA to 905 and loaded ICS off the SD card. Had to be something I changed while rooted, but could not figure it out for the life of me.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Notification bar showed the warning symbol and said Download suspended will resume shortly. When it never did start I called Verizon and they had me remove the battery and sim card and reinstall. Didn't work so they resent the update to me and it started to install. No problems after that.