Quirks with the new ICS update, Droid Bionic

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh - My Bluetooth Headphones do not work like they used to. I still get the sound to come through however the play / pause and next track buttons no longer work over BT. Volume does though - weird. Annoying because I need to turn the phone back on every time I want to pause or go to another track.

jsmbythebay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The headset jack on my Bionic is now jacked. Doesn't work at all, it always plays out the speaker. I installed an app that let's me manually switch from speaker to headset and when I manually toggle to the headset nothing plays. I've tried a couple of different earphones. Very odd.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The headset jack on my Bionic is now jacked. Doesn't work at all, it always plays out the speaker. I installed an app that let's me manually switch from speaker to headset and when I manually toggle to the headset nothing plays. I've tried a couple of different earphones. Very odd.
Try getting in there with a can of air and/or a very thin wooden dowel. The most common cause of this symptom, judging from other posts hereabouts, is pocket lint getting into the jack.

Jeremy Holden

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have issue with the frequent app group?

Mine doesn't seem to work at all. I just get a list of All apps. I used to be able the use the recent app view for when I was jumping back and forth between 2 or 3 apps. Now I have to scroll the whole list or search every time.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Frequent apps in the app drawer is different from the multitasking feature, which is accessed by pressing and holding the Home button. That should produce a haptic thump followed by a list of the apps currently in memory (and, in some cases, actually processing -- browsers will, for example, generally continue loading the current page while running in the background). Those apps can be shut down by tossing them off to the right or left, or selected by tapping them.

808root

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to uninstall the update? I hate it. My phone freezes up all the time and does its own thing. And they stripped me from toggling back to 3G. I cant stand the 4G. It doesnt catch everywhere and basically i'm stuck with no service. They want to get everybody off the 3G and are trying to force it but its more stable than the 4G IMHO. But I just want it off and to roll back to the old one. Any ideas? I want to root it actually. But I havent found any info yet. Let me know if you know how to flash back or where i can download the old update. Mucho Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to uninstall the update? I hate it. My phone freezes up all the time and does its own thing. And they stripped me from toggling back to 3G. I cant stand the 4G. It doesnt catch everywhere and basically i'm stuck with no service. They want to get everybody off the 3G and are trying to force it but its more stable than the 4G IMHO. But I just want it off and to roll back to the old one. Any ideas? I want to root it actually. But I havent found any info yet. Let me know if you know how to flash back or where i can download the old update. Mucho Thanks!

You can't flash back to Gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
True, you cant go back to GB once on the OTA ICS. The good news is there are toggle apps for turning 4G off on Google Play. LTE OnOff seems to be a popular one and does work on the Bionic. Just keep in mind that rebooting the phone resets the setting and will have to turn 4G off again.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
In GB, with the Contacts Widget, the one where there are 24 boxes and you can put your choice of people into the boxes to call, you could designate which number to call as the default. I can't find a way to do this in the ICS version of this widget.

I have set certain numbers to be the "default" number within the People App for each particular contact, but when I select a contact to call in the widget, it comes up with a screen showing all of the contact's phone numbers and then I have to select the number to call from there. Very annoying to do when walking, driving, etc when I used to just tap on the person's image in the grid and it would dial the default number.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
In that case, I'd go to the Widgets section of the Apps drawer, press and hold the Direct Dial widget, then drag it to the desktop. You'll be prompted, not simply for the contact, but for the specific number you wish to dial. Then it's one tap to dial that number.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
In that case, I'd go to the Widgets section of the Apps drawer, press and hold the Direct Dial widget, then drag it to the desktop. You'll be prompted, not simply for the contact, but for the specific number you wish to dial. Then it's one tap to dial that number.

Thanks, but I am trying to get the Favorite Contacts widget to work as it did under GB. Maybe it just can't be done. Too bad. Really makes it unusable as is.

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a strange issue that didn't arise until after the ICS update:

Whenever my phone is charging, I can't really use it. Either it lags worse than the HTC G1 with ICS, or the screen shows multiple touches when I'm only using one finger (I have Show Touches enabled in the Developer Options). It's really annoying, especially when I get home from work with about 10% battery. I want to catch up on my RSS feeds, but it simply won't function unless I unplug it. If I unplug it, it'll die. Very annoying.

Also, same audio issue. I might be filing an insurance claim in a few days. Sure hope I don't get stuck with a RAZR Maxx or anything like that. Would prefer the GNex if possible. :p

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I seem to get most things working ok again. My biggest issue is battery drain! I lose 20-30 pct an hour. When I check to see the biggest culprit it is the Android OS.

Erievon

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a strange issue that didn't arise until after the ICS update:

Whenever my phone is charging, I can't really use it. Either it lags worse than the HTC G1 with ICS, or the screen shows multiple touches when I'm only using one finger (I have Show Touches enabled in the Developer Options). It's really annoying, especially when I get home from work with about 10% battery. I want to catch up on my RSS feeds, but it simply won't function unless I unplug it. If I unplug it, it'll die. Very annoying.

Also, same audio issue. I might be filing an insurance claim in a few days. Sure hope I don't get stuck with a RAZR Maxx or anything like that. Would prefer the GNex if possible. :p

You get stuck with a Razr Maxx send it to me, I'll be happy to set you back up with a pristine 5 slot Bionic. I'll even leave it rooted for ya.

lwaltz

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried the 4G/3G toggle apps, and they will force 3G, but I can't get back to 4G. Tried a reboot, even pulled the battery. Tried all the options in the Preferred Network Type, but none would regain 4G. In fact some would not get any data, and some would not allow phone calls. Anyone know how to regain 4G without going into Recovery? If I clear the cache partition, will that help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE