No sounds for notifications or alarms...

allyballyb

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Ok, back to point out something that has happened the last two nights. A little right before bed I check my alarm to make sure it's set and for some reason I decided to check sounds after seeing an email pop up in notification bar that I have a sound set to trigger when it comes in. Nothing played. Tried playing music with multi apps. Nothing. Checked my volume settings. All looked normal. Rebooted my phone and the sound came back...

About 30 minutes before this, I was playing music through a Bluetooth connected speaker. Not sure if that is some kind of coincidence that maybe the hand off of sounds back to the speaker on the phone or something isn't quite right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

allyballyb

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
This has happened to me! If it wasnt for reading this column I would not have a clue. My alarm has gone so quiet its a waste of time! ( no pun intended), I have or did have my ring tones but cant set or hear them! & its now dawned on my confused little brain~ I was downloading through Bluetooth the other day~but mine was with usb cable....now wondering if its the same scenario! ??????????????????

Mbun2

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
My default app alarm stopped sounding a couple days ago. Volume on each alarm is set at max, phone volume up. I restarted the phone, but that didn't work. Then yesterday phone ring didn't work, I missed a call. I keep Bluetooth on & use it in the car. Any suggestions?

Zoandar

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't offer a solution, as I am troubleshooting similar problems myself on a brand new LG V20 running Android Nougat (7.0). But one thing I have encountered in my research might explain some of this.

Newer versions of Android (6 and up) utilize a "feature" called Snooze and App Delay. Google it. The gist is thast they decided to put the Android OS to sleep after a period of inactivity. It is supposed to periodically wake up and check things like alarms and such. But they admit the "period" it does this INCREASES in time duration the less the phone is used. At some point it seems to stop checking anymore.

There is a lot of discussion in the forums about it. I have yet to find a solution. There are apps to help keep it from sleeping "too deeply", but they haven't helped me so far. Been working on this several days now.

My older HTC 10, also running Nougat, is dutifully sounding EVERY alarm for me, as I keep it running in airplane mode while I sort out the issue on the V20. Very frustrating. They both run the same apps for calendar and daily repeating alarms.

DjangoByNight

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
This worked for me:
On Androids: from the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Blocking mode.
In case you also have an iPhone: check settings for Do Not Disturb mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49