Chrome or Stock Browser?

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents...
I've had both running for almost a week, and although a very close race, I'd give an ever so slight edge to Chrome. What I want to know is, since Android is an operating system from Google, why don't they include Chrome by default, like Microsoft does with Internet Explorer in Windows? Not trying to be smart, just curious...:)
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents...
What I want to know is, since Android is an operating system from Google, why don't they include Chrome by default, like Microsoft does with Internet Explorer in Windows? Not trying to be smart, just curious...:)

B'leeve Chrome is the sole browser in JB...maybe in 4.2 if not in 4.1. Forgot where I read that.

danrenfroe2016

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is better. But too processor intensive. However with every update seems to get better!

I am using chrome most of the time. Just remember to kill it after done with it.

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
On Gingerbread, I always used Opera Mobile because it was more reliable and fluid. Now that I have ICS, I use Chrome all the time. I haven't had any major issues with it, and I like being able to sync with my desktop computer on which I've run Chrome exclusively for at least two years now. I'm sure it could be programmed better and use less resources, but that will come in time. For now, I enjoy using it.

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I have always been using chrome since I bought my gnex 5 months back...but after having a look at the discussion on this topic here...I gave the stock browser a try(which I actually neva did before...even once....#true story)

I found the stock browser to be more quick n snappier....jus a lil but more than the chrome.....

It's actually a very subjective thing....
Try diff browsers ...but always use what suits u the best!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock browser & just switched to it from dolphin but I can't figure out how to quickly get to the address bar. On most browsers u just scroll up until the bar appears. I can only access it using the "quick controls"... I gotta be doing something wrong here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the stock browser and chrome along with dolphin. I feel that they all three run about the same for me but I do like having an actual "exit" to close it out like the stock and dolphin do.

burbley

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I went into the Manage Applications list and I selected the App Info for Browser. The Disable button was active. I pushed it.

Now I'll see if there are any negative side effects...

BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome because I can sync all my bookmarks across from my other computers via my Google account. Very handy.

Sent from my Samsung S3 GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome because I can sync all my bookmarks across from my other computers via my Google account. Very handy.

Sent from my Samsung S3 GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I use stock browser and it syncs bookmarks just fine. I also think it loads pages faster than chrome

Sent from my Nexus 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463