droid 4.0.4 upgrade today and I'm pulling my hair out -- contacts a mess!

dria7321

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
I hope someone can help me. After the upgrade this morning (which by the way killed my battery after only 6 hours), my contacts are a mess. I have both personal and work contacts syncing to my phone and when I look into People or Contacts folders it's giving me all 10k contacts. All I want is phone number contacts to display on my phone. I already have access to the email addresses through my gmail account and scrolling or having to look for them is not what I need. I also have some that were starred in the old system and there doesn't seem to be a way to lump them together or search for them either......I was able to filter out email addresses and have the display only show phone numbers in the old system. I can't figure out how to make sense of this mess. Any advice or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get rid of that stupid head that shows up when someone is calling?
AND (LOL)
is there a one touch answering shortcut -- the having to press buttons twice is such a PITA!

Thanks again and any tips/tricks/apps welcome. I would also entertain going back to the old system....
droid bionic now with a melted soggy mess ice cream sandwich 4.0.4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
I hope someone can help me. After the upgrade this morning (which by the way killed my battery after only 6 hours), my contacts are a mess. I have both personal and work contacts syncing to my phone and when I look into People or Contacts folders it's giving me all 10k contacts. All I want is phone number contacts to display on my phone. I already have access to the email addresses through my gmail account and scrolling or having to look for them is not what I need. I also have some that were starred in the old system and there doesn't seem to be a way to lump them together or search for them either......I was able to filter out email addresses and have the display only show phone numbers in the old system. I can't figure out how to make sense of this mess. Any advice or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get rid of that stupid head that shows up when someone is calling?
AND (LOL)
is there a one touch answering shortcut -- the having to press buttons twice is such a PITA!

Thanks again and any tips/tricks/apps welcome. I would also entertain going back to the old system....
droid bionic now with a melted soggy mess ice cream sandwich 4.0.4

You can't go back to Gingerbread.

Not sure if you've solved your contact filtering issue. ...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc