Bionic unable to connect to 4G since ICS upgrade

Kenacepi

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I upgraded my Droid Bionic to ICS 4.0 at the end of this last year and since then I have been unable to connect to 4G networks when in a known 4G area. My son upgraded his phone recently and connects to 4G no problem, while I'm at 3G. Also when connecting to our home network, he connects at the faster of the two modes, while my phone doesn't even see the faster speed. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone that I don't know about? The Network Mode is set to LTE/CDMA, but is greyed out so it cannot be changed. Before I upgraded, I was able to connect to 4G and the faster home network mode with no problems. I have tried several different things suggested by members on other forums such as getting a new SIM card (done); Full reboot (done); Clearing the cache (done); etc. I got everything else on the phone to work except for 4G and the faster WiFi... Any help would be greatly appreciated. The guy at the VZW store said if it was still under warranty, he would have replaced it. A couple of screen shots below showing the greyed out settings. ANd I did look at the earlier post about 4G connectivity and that isn't the issue for me. Don't have the 3G/4G switch. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-03-16-31-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-03-16-31-46.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2013-03-03-16-32-04.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-03-16-32-04.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 38

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, The told me to take it to the VZW store to see if they could do anything, We tried a few things and they said there was nothing more they could do.

They didn't even tell you to send it in? Well... I wouldn't have much faith in the store. Maybe they will let you do an exchange. If they do... try for a Galaxy Nexus.

WillyWonka

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset? And if that doesn't work you could try restoring the Bionic with rsdlite using the ICS restore file.

Kenacepi

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately my phone is out of factory warranty so I would have to buy a new phone. Everything else seems to work okay, it's just the 4G connectivity tat doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user