Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
System version: 98.72.22.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version: 4.1.2

Build number: 9.8.2O-72_VZW-22

NOTE: You cannot downgrade back to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software after this upgrade. If you use Sticky Notes, please back up your Sticky Notes content before you upgrade. You can simply open Sticky Notes, click Share and email the notes to yourself.

New User Interface

Look and Feel: Updated colors, font, icons, and animations.

New Features

Google Now: Added feature that generates real-time notifications throughout the day with relevant, contextual information such as weather, traffic, calendar. To access Google Now, press and hold the phone's search key.

Improved Features

Voice Search: Enhanced Voice Search to recognize questions asked in colloquial language, such as "Do I need an umbrella
today?" Some questions may receive a spoken answer, while others will trigger a Google Search.

Camera: Improved image quality with better contrast and details, and more intuitive Panorama Mode.

Keyboard: Enhanced dictionaries to be more accurate and relevant and added capability to predict next word in a sequence when typing. Improved text-to-speech capabilities that now work without a data connection.

Gallery: Added capability to zoom out to filmstrip mode where photos can be deleted by swiping up and down.

Notifications: Added actions to some notifications that can be taken directly from the notifications shade. Added capability to expand and collapse email and text notifications by pinching fingers, in order to view more or less information.

Wi-Fi Hotspot: Added capability to support mobile hotspot for improved performance.

Chrome Browser: New Chrome Browser provides multi-tabbed web surfing with the world's most popular browser.

Fixes

Quick Office: Resolved random instances of Quick Office closing when reviewing a document.

Outlook Sync: Faster updates to MS Outlook email & calendar

3G & 4G Connectivity: Improved voice and data connectivity quality, reducing instances of losing 3G and 4G services.

Google Maps: Reduced time needed to access GPS signal.

Audio Settings: Easier to find and edit Audio Effects settings through the music player.

Music Playlists: More easily create a music playlist using on-device music player

Contacts: Contacts will sync more often, eliminating the need to wait for manual or nighttime sync.

Changes

Removed Applications: Blockbuster, DockStatus, Latitude, MOG Music, MOTOACTV, SlingBox, Verizon Video on Demand, MOTOPRINT

Removed Widgets: My Gallery, My MOTOCAST, My Music, Picture Slideshow, Social Location, Sticky Note, Weather & World Clock

My Gallery: The My Gallery app has been removed and replaced with a standard Google Gallery app for viewing photos and videos.

My Music: The My Music app has been removed and replaced with Google Play Music app. Specific setup information can be found in the Android PLAY store.