Droid Bionic newbie asking for assistance with battery drain

LinQ888

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to all (meaning - I'm not technical at all) this but I just noticed that with the most recent upload/upgrade on my Droid Bionic - version 4.1.2 it states on my phone, it is draining my battery super fast. I barely use the phone and I used to be able to just charge it every few days. Now about 4 hours into my day, I have to charge it. In looking at what is using up my battery it states that it is the Android OS at 45%+. Step by step directions are what I would need to figure out this phone.
Thank you!

danlayman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Couple quick things to check - make sure wifi and GPS aren't turned on unless you want them to be. JB seems to turn these on at random for some people. And try the suggestions I made in an above thread regarding loss of RAM. These same issues affect battery life. I imagine you have some (maybe a lot) of apps running in the background.

If those don't help, try wiping the system cache. Its a simple keystroke sequence, and not as daunting as it sounds. Don't remember the exact sequence but you can google it or find it in this forum.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard stories that Google Now is a battery hog. I don't use it because of bandwidth concerns and isn't useful to me anyway, so can't say this from personal experience. If you want to turn it off to try, tap the search/magnifying glass icon while on the home screen to bring up the Google search app. Then tap the menu and go into settings. It'll have the option to turn Google Now off in there.

Even if you do find the battery hog, it's usually been my experience that battery life suffers a bit after major updates because the phone simply has a bit more going on in the background. So don't be surprised if you never get 100% back to your old battery life.