Quick question for peace of mind

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted bionic with the OTA JB. All I want to do is edit the build prop but I wanted to back it up first incase something went wrong. I put on Safestrap 3.11 and made a backup. So now if something were to go wrong with my build prop edit I will be able to fix it correct? Does it just boot into Safestrap recovery and I hit restore if needed? Do I still need to make a copy of the original build prop? Sorry, total noob. Thanks for any help!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you do nothing but change the build property, the most I would do is copy the original name to store elsewhere. I modified mine slightly before the JB roll out to prevent forced installation push and then reverted once I was ready with no problems. Only if you do want any future official OS updates (that is, if any are put out), then a changed build prop would prevent both OTA and manual installations.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys, I ended up using the Market helper app, it lets you change your phone for getting unsupported apps without risking messing with the build prop. It didn't trick my google play app but I was able to trick google play through the browser. Real racing 3 and Cod Zombies are working like a dream! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol