Saving Pictures from a Dying Bionic

Festis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've more or less come to terms with the fact that I might lose everything, but figured I'd post here on the off chance I'm just missing something/someone is a genius. First, my phone abruptly decided it no longer would connect to any network and, shortly thereafter, began rebooting every few minutes for no reason. From what I can tell this is a semi-common problem and I've tried some basic things like pulling out the battery for a few minutes, or trying to get it to stay on without the battery/connected to my computer.

I've been trying to transfer my pictures to an SD card with little luck. Obviously I can't get them to go all in one try because it stays active for so short a time, but even the ones that do manage to transfer won't open on my computer. I've also zipped the whole folder but when I get it on my desktop it I can't unpack it. Any suggestions? (beyond being smarter about backing things up in the future) I drove cross-country last year and would really hate to lose everything from that trip.

And I guess looking forward, any suggestions on flashing or rooting would be appreciated. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've more or less come to terms with the fact that I might lose everything, but figured I'd post here on the off chance I'm just missing something/someone is a genius. First, my phone abruptly decided it no longer would connect to any network and, shortly thereafter, began rebooting every few minutes for no reason. From what I can tell this is a semi-common problem and I've tried some basic things like pulling out the battery for a few minutes, or trying to get it to stay on without the battery/connected to my computer.

I've been trying to transfer my pictures to an SD card with little luck. Obviously I can't get them to go all in one try because it stays active for so short a time, but even the ones that do manage to transfer won't open on my computer. I've also zipped the whole folder but when I get it on my desktop it I can't unpack it. Any suggestions? (beyond being smarter about backing things up in the future) I drove cross-country last year and would really hate to lose everything from that trip.

And I guess looking forward, any suggestions on flashing or rooting would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do you think you could get it to stay on long enough to transfer pictures in batches to a cloud service via WiFi?

Festis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so an update on where this is. I managed to save all of the pictures 100% by dumb luck. I plugged the phone into my friends Macbook just for a change of pace and she happened to have dropbox setup on her desktop. It recognized the phone as a camera and began pulling all of my photos automatically. The phone still kept rebooting, but every time it was connected dropbox would pull the next set of photos until it kicked out again. So that's done with a happy ending. But my phone is still unusable.

I tried to do a quick factory reset through the settings menu. I got as far as the select language menu when it reset, but while it was pinwheeling it would reset. I said screw it and decided to go to the Verizon store on my way to work. They did a bios reset that led to the same thing, then tried to upsell me into a $25/month phone subscription plan which was more than a little infuriating. Any thoughts on where to go from here? I'm going to keep poking around online for a solution but I'm open to any suggestions.

And thanks to everyone who offered advice so far, I really do appreciate it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so an update on where this is. I managed to save all of the pictures 100% by dumb luck. I plugged the phone into my friends Macbook just for a change of pace and she happened to have dropbox setup on her desktop. It recognized the phone as a camera and began pulling all of my photos automatically. The phone still kept rebooting, but every time it was connected dropbox would pull the next set of photos until it kicked out again. So that's done with a happy ending. But my phone is still unusable.

I tried to do a quick factory reset through the settings menu. I got as far as the select language menu when it reset, but while it was pinwheeling it would reset. I said screw it and decided to go to the Verizon store on my way to work. They did a bios reset that led to the same thing, then tried to upsell me into a $25/month phone subscription plan which was more than a little infuriating. Any thoughts on where to go from here? I'm going to keep poking around online for a solution but I'm open to any suggestions.

And thanks to everyone who offered advice so far, I really do appreciate it.

Glad to hear something worked. Are you close to an upgrade?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app