Motorola Bionic

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
If this phone releases in the next three months, Thunderbolt, you lose. HTC picked the wrong time to release this phone. Should've either released it earlier without LTE wait later to release it as dual core.

Bionic:
LTE
4.3 in screen with qhd display
8 meg camera
Vga ffc
Dual core
HD recording and playback
HDMI out and mirror mode

Huge win for MOTO.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
it looks amazing.. Hopefully some of those Atrix accessories come over..

I think the Atrix is a great phone i havent dealt with moto droid phones so have no clue on blur but everyone seems to complain. This phone on verizon look killer it has a better camera than the atrix but im on ATT and more than likely get the Atrix. Well see.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea it might be worth passing on the Thunderbolt and waiting to get the bionic depending on how soon it is going to be released. I'm on verizon so I'm a bit jealous of the atrix+netbook-esque combo.

The bionic still looks awesome though. I don't know what to do now though because I had initially decided to NOT get another motorola phone since I don't like how they've locked the DX down.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Well that's a shame. I was hoping it'd be released sooner, I've been watching this phone for a while. My upgrade date is today, and my wife's phone is becoming very inoperable, so I need to upgrade very soon. Oh well, I'll just have to become envious in a couple months.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey, here's a question though, I keep seeing qHD showing up everywhere in reference to the screen, what does that translate to? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Edit: Found it, 960x540. That's pretty nice.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
As much as I want to get rid of Motorola this phone has caught my eye if its released in the next few months I will pick it up but if their shooting for a June launch count me out from now on I'm doing one year contracts and I can have a TB very soon then upgrade 10mo later this would be almost halfway though my contract though if I wait I get my new every two discount. This d2 may be able to hold me over. But one more thing what size is the battery in this beast

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw somewhere early 2nd quarter release, which would make it April or May. It will be compared with the Atrix, and frankly, the latter is just a superior device for at least a couple of reasons:
  • The accessories everyone's raving about; and
  • It comes with 1GB RAM onboard.
I don't know what Verizon was thinking, or if they just got lazy...up and down the board, AT&T's Android phones announced at CES best Verizon's, meaning that VzW will be second fiddle until at least the summer and probably beyond. I suppose VzW will pick up customers when they release their own iPhone, but Android lovers may migrate to AT&T, particularly if the latter's network gets juiced and improved.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
2nd Q release would prob work out better for me anyway. From what I've seen, I prob could wait to get into an LTE device until summer. We'll just have to see what the rest of CES brings. Don't forget that Verizon has their big press conference this afternoon.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I hope they aren't putting all their hopes in the iPhone and honestly I would consider switching to Att because I like their 4g strategy give everyone a fast near 4g network before the 4g network is released

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw somewhere early 2nd quarter release, which would make it April or May. It will be compared with the Atrix, and frankly, the latter is just a superior device for at least a couple of reasons:
I don't know what Verizon was thinking, or if they just got lazy...up and down the board, AT&T's Android phones announced at CES best Verizon's, meaning that VzW will be second fiddle until at least the summer and probably beyond. I suppose VzW will pick up customers when they release their own iPhone, but Android lovers may migrate to AT&T, particularly if the latter's network gets juiced and improved.

I don't get it either. Verizon was the biggest pusher of Android till now and I always figured their relationship with Moto was the strongest. But it happened with the incredible missing features the Evo already had and it was still a top notch device when it released, so I am sure this device will still be among the best. They need to release final specs though because that was a big boo boo going from 1GB to 512MB and there are videos stating this thing has a Tegra 2 and videos stating it is a dual core TI processor.

I am most intrigued by the LG Optimus 2 and if it is coming to Verizon and if that bad boy has Gorilla Glass it may be time to give LG a go in the Android game. I am a big Moto supporter and am feeling a bit let down with the mixed up specs but will keep an eye on this one anyway as I am not due for an upgrade till july anyway.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I disagree. I like the phones that AT&T plans to release, but there are some things that bother me about their network. The 2GB cap really irks me. With an Android device, the cap can be met very quickly. Also, if AT&T sticks to no sideloading of apps, thats going to be a big problem. I'm sure others are like me and need their unlimited data. With unlimited data and Verizon's coverage, they are going to see a lot more customers.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would also like they unlimited data especially when you start talking about higher speeds when you can do more 2gb isn't enough but I do like the atrix but would you rather have more ram or a better camera

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my DX, I'll wait until Dec to get anything LTE. Give it time for better chips by then. Hopefully.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
i love Verizon and would never switch but unfortunately i think Verizon will soon have a cap on there data especially with 4g

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I too wanted to get away from the locked down bootloader and Moto, but they make good hardware so its hard to say no.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i am certainly intrigued about the bionic, but i probably would be more so if i didnt already own an X. bionic essentially looks like an LTE upgrade to a phone i already have. will definitely be keeping a close eye on it though

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This looks like the only phone that is worthy of my upgrade right now VZW release it early q2 and I will buy it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay