LED Notification Light

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone spotted it? I really hope it's there otherwise I may have to pass on the device for one that DOES have an LED.

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Look at these two images, to the left of the camera. That has to be it.

droidbionicskype12.jpg

droidbionicskype7.jpg

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If it's LED, it'll support much more than just 3 colors if you know how to program. LED has a virtual unlimited set of possibilities in regards to colors it can produce.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If it's LED, it'll support much more than just 3 colors if you know how to program. LED has a virtual unlimited set of possibilities in regards to colors it can produce.

Well that really depends on the type of LED. I am assuming it will be RGB colored LEDs and in software/hardware controller you will be able to vary the intensities of each color so that when they mix they can make the color of your choosing.

LEDs don't inherently have the ability to change colors. Each individual diode has a fixed color it emits.

Reactions: RichardClark

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope the LED light is pretty big and bright. I like that on my BlackBerry.

On Android phones does the screen light up when you get a message? I really dislike that!

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Well that really depends on the type of LED. I am assuming it will be RGB colored LEDs and in software/hardware controller you will be able to vary the intensities of each color so that when they mix they can make the color of your choosing.

LEDs don't inherently have the ability to change colors. Each individual diode has a fixed color it emits.

Yep. The MotoDev spec sheet refers to it as a "tricolor LED" which normally means red, green, and blue emitters within a single "bulb". Each color is able to be controlled separately so that they can be combined to produce any color, just like a pixel on a computer display.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

This. If it's an RGB LED you will have near infinite colors. Otherwise, not really.

Yep. The MotoDev spec sheet refers to it as a "tricolor LED" which normally means red, green, and blue emitters within a single "bulb". Each color is able to be controlled separately so that they can be combined to produce any color, just like a pixel on a computer display.

I heard someone mention that tricolor can mean either RGB or Red/Orange/Green. It was somewhere on this forum, so it's by no means official, but I can see it.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Some people think it's a silly question, asking about an LED indicator, but with my BB I can keep my phone in my shirt pocket and it's like a sixth sense, but when that red light blinks I automatically catch it out of the corner of my eye. That way I know if I missed anything while it was on silent. A little light, but oh so much pleasure, so I hope the bionic has it! :D

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why would you hope for that my notification light is bright I have no problem seeing it in any lighting condition unlike the screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown