No gingerbread??

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Why the heck would motorola launch this phone without gingerbread, nexus s would have been out for at least 4 months before bionic gets released, surely that's enough time to put their crappy blur on it, that's reason enough for me to skip this phone, man I hate these manufacturers and their awful skins to ruin vanilla android, pretty sad we can't just get a stock phone anymore like droid 1

rwilliams268

May 28, 2010
www.gizmofusion.com
None of these new LTE devices are launching with Gingerbread. Only the LG Revolution and HTC Thunderbolt have made the announcement that Gingerbread is coming soon (no exact date) after release. I don't understand how Samsung does not have Gingerbread ready to go for their Galaxy S line yet. The same can be said for Motorola even if it has some new type of Blur on it. I guess it takes some time to iron out the hardware and software bugs.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
But when are they going to realize that people want the latest and greatest, no one would ever buy an iPhone with iOS 3.0 when 4.2 is out and about, it makes me so mad lol. Give us gingerbread stock and dual core with qvga

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
While I understand they should release it with gingerbread I would rather have them work on something thats optimized for the phone or skip gb and just give me hunnycomb
Edit
By the time this is released hunnycomb will be out why waste time and manpower on gb.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Samsung has froyo ready they just BS about releasing it. IMO they would rather sale you a new phone with froyo than release froyo on some of these phones. But it begs the question why does Europe and Canada have it but not the us

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hunnycomb will be released in conjunction with xoom tablet. Now whether that will be tablet specific or not I don't know. But I doubt it

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've heard about a million different stories on Honeycomb being exclusive or not being exclusive to Tablets...we'll have to wait and see for sure, but I have a hunch there will be a phone version of it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781