Will the Bionic have an unlocked bootloader?

bobbiac

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know guy. The Atrix has a locked bootloader and the Bionic is very similar to it. I have a feeling it will be locked down.

One thing that I want to know is what happened to that statement that Motorola made after one of their employees responded to a comment for a youtube video (or maybe it was facebook) take it or leave it (in regards to the locked down bootloader). They said that they were going to try to make a compromise in the future but when will this compromise happen?
Actually the Atrix has an ecrypted bootloader. that is whole different animal. A very nasty animal.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Aye. But kernel mods are what make these custom roms shine. Not that deoxed roms aren't nice, but most of the improvements in, say, cyanogenmod come with the kernel

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Not really. CM adds tweaks to the software and code - which are great. but have little if anything to do at all with a kernel.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
i am definitely suspecting this. since the gs3 is in development as well as the next nexus....

Because if they release the gs2 here anytime after sept it won't sell as well because most likely there will already be leaks of the gs3 and nexus prime and the gs2 won't look as ggood as it does now from a spec standpoint.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Because if they release the gs2 here anytime after sept it won't sell as well because most likely there will already be leaks of the gs3 and nexus prime and the gs2 won't look as good as it does now from a spec standpoint.

All reasonable points, but there will likely be an iPhone released in September and I don't think it would be in their best interest to directly compete. I think the latest I would wanna get a phone out would be mid-August..

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
All reasonable points, but there will likely be an iPhone released in September and I don't think it would be in their best interest to directly compete. I think the latest I would wanna get a phone out would be mid-August..

Well they wanted to get it out in july but between the apple lawsuit and negotiations with the carriers you can see there is no leaks or anything about it coming anytime soon. Just saying.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well they wanted to get it out in july but between the apple lawsuit and negotiations with the carriers you can see there is no leaks or anything about it coming anytime soon. Just saying.

Indeed, I forgot about the Apple litigation... Well Apple was searching for an injunction to prevent them from selling 4 of their phones Charge and SGS II were on that list...the plot thickens...

Also I who is the necro reviving 6 month old threadz?