02-22-2011 08:42 PM
35 12
tools
    Does anyone know if running a third party launcher on top of Blur or Sense slows the phone down? In other words, should I flash a vanilla rom if I plan on using LauncherPro? Tux!
    02-10-2011 09:15 AM
    No need to switch roms. Just delete any Widgets running on the home screens before switching launchers otherwise you will have them running in the back... Widgets don't really use too many resources so don't worry about them slowing things down.
    02-10-2011 09:57 AM
    What I liked most was the unlock on Sense. Pull down to unlock just works for me. Other things are a pain though with stuff like "phone contacts" vs "Google contacts" (as far as I know, this was a minor problem with my parent's Droid X and my girlfriend's DInc).

I didn't get to use Blur very much, and I look forward to trying it out on the Bionic. I'm also looking forward to Sense 2.0...basically, I want both phones and I want them now.
    02-10-2011 12:28 PM
    I am partial to HTC love my Incredible. Also the Thunderbolt will be working on the 3G and of course the 4G where available. BUT also you can talk on it while using the data over 3G ! Everyone seems to be forgetting this great feature on the device. Can't do that with the iphone and I don't believe can on the Bionic and if I am wrong it is ok to correct me !
    02-10-2011 12:33 PM
    The reason I'm leaning towards to the tbolt instead of waiting for the Bionic is the wonderful experience I had with my droid x. My first one randomly rebooted, the replacement one had a broken headset port that wouldn't allow a wired mic to work, and the second replacement has random reboots but not as often.

It isn't blur that I'm worried about, but rather the hardware build quality
    02-14-2011 11:12 AM
    The reason I'm leaning towards to the tbolt instead of waiting for the Bionic is the wonderful experience I had with my droid x. My first one randomly rebooted, the replacement one had a broken headset port that wouldn't allow a wired mic to work, and the second replacement has random reboots but not as often.

It isn't blur that I'm worried about, but rather the hardware build quality
    That surprises me, as most people seem to say that Moto's build quality is better than HTC...of course, there is always an exception to the rule!
    02-14-2011 12:04 PM
    That surprises me, as most people seem to say that Moto's build quality is better than HTC...of course, there is always an exception to the rule!
    My wife and I had issues with our RAZR's as well when we had them. I should add that the droid 1 was just fine
    02-14-2011 12:11 PM
    I would recommend taking a few minutes in your local ATT store and comparing the inspire hd to the atrix. That should give you a solid view of the differences between the thunderbolt and the bionic. From the ui's to the actual devices themselves. Those are essentially the att versions of the same devices for VZW.
    rookie83 likes this.
    02-22-2011 04:40 PM
    good thing engine to recommend comparing them at ATT I was going with the bionic first but the more I talk to freinds they say I may like the thunderbolt ui better to ATT I go to play!
    02-22-2011 08:15 PM
    good thing engine to recommend comparing them at ATT I was going with the bionic first but the more I talk to freinds they say I may like the thunderbolt ui better to ATT I go to play!
    Cool. I am reading all the comments in the atrix threads. Sounds like there are some issues there. Performance is great but some are complaining about the screen and everyone seems to hate blur and of course the att HSPA+ network is a joke.

I Think I know what I am doing on my lunch hour tomorrow.
    02-22-2011 08:42 PM
35 12