Transferred Bionic Videos Won't Play On PC

bionic777

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I've searched all over the Internet and contacted Motorola's (Level 3) Tech Support about this issue, but so far have been unable to find an answer, so hopefully someone in this forum can help. After years of use of my Bionic, I decided last weekend to transfer all of the videos and pics on it to my PC, which is a Windows 8 64-bit machine. These (1080p) videos play completely fine on my phone, but after transferring them (via USB) to my PC, I can't open them at all. I've tried Windows Media Player, VLC, DivX, Quick Time, and a couple other media players, but no luck. I've tried opening them on 2 other (64-bit Windows) machines, but the same problem occurs (on one of them, I received a Windows error saying maybe the file is using an unsupported codec or something). Not having any luck and after not getting anywhere with Motorola tech support, I tried installing the K-Lite Codec pack, but still no luck. If I transfer the files individually (which is odd) back to my Bionic, they play fine still on my phone. Since I built my PC/gaming rig back in December, I've never had any issues opening any types of files at all---video or otherwise. The video files from the Bionic are in a .mp4 format. All .mp4 videos play fine on my PC except for the ones from my Bionic, so I'm thinking there's gotta be something I'm missing here.

Does anyone know if videos recorded on the Droid Bionic will work on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine, or do I need to convert them to a different video format first (and/or to 64-bit) before they can play? Or does anyone have any ideas of other things I can try here? I'm gonna try to transfer one of these videos to a 32-bit Windows machine at work this week, but I figured I'd ask around first in case that's unsuccessful as well. I have several years of family-related videos on my phone and I really don't wanna lose them, so any help anyone here can give me would be *extremely* appreciated. Thanks for your time-

PS
I seem to have the same issue with the pics on my phone. They open fine on the Bionic, but after transferring them (via USB) to my PC and attempting to open them in the default Windows Photo viewer, I get a message saying they can't be opened and that they may be damaged, corrupted, or too large (but they open fine still in the Bionic).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall