Bionic in a few weeks?

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so BMX just released a new poem on his blog. The link will be provided at the end. So, does it mean that it will be here soon (not June or May like some said) and then that the stock device will be the Revolution because all of the devices at CES were stock, or will it be a Nexus device for us? If it is all true, I think I will take the Bionic as I have been decided on getting it since announcement, but would a Nexus device sway you from it? If it is an LTE Nexus S I'll pass, but a new possibly dual core Nexus? That would be amazing.

http://blackmanx.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/new-poem-time-hypebeast-hangover-rt-this/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I read that as saying that the bionic and a stock android device will drop in the next several weeks.

Panda has been saying late April for bionic for aame time.

I don't think the revolution is the stock device. LG has a skin. The stock is probably a nexus s for VZW.

Just like the last batch of androids last year I would expect 1 4G Android device per month now. I am thinking thunderbolt, bionic, stealth, revolution and nexus s will all appear between now and end of summer.

VZW should also have their WP7 device, and the blackberry Monaco in that time. Then you also have the new high end 3g devices dropping like the x2 and incredible s.

Lots of meat on that bone.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
He said in a post back in January that the bionic will drop after easter. Easter is April 24th. Not that it can't come out sooner, especially since the TBolt will have worked out all the LTE kinks by then or sooner. I suspect the stock android device he is talking about is the new motorola device AC showed here yesterday. It is supposedly stock, no blur and it could very well be a nexus device and yes, dual core.

I am afraid that if I wait too long, VZ will go to tiered pricing and I would have missed the boat. Unlimited on 4G is something I really want. In 2 years, I'll deal with tiered pricing but for now, I want unlimited.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure on the poem ... but both this one and the prior one indicate a dual core device. The only device that's yet to be released that we know has dual core is the Bionic (the Revolution and Stealth are single core). "Stevie Austin moves like a blur" has to be a reference to Blur, but "Unless it stock style you prefer" would indicate a Nexus device. Hmm ... I think either way it's dual core and LTE. The question is whether it's the Bionic or a Nexus. I'm gonna wait and find out though. No Thunderbolt for me ... yet.

Nilbus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Steve Austin = Six Million Dollar/Bionic man. So it's a reference to the phone and blur I'm sure.

Looks like I'll have a few choices come May when my wife and I are due for upgrades.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Steve Austin = Six Million Dollar/Bionic man. So it's a reference to the phone and blur I'm sure.

Looks like I'll have a few choices come May when my wife and I are due for upgrades.

Doh! How in the world did I miss that? Good catch.

OK. My interpretation is then that the Bionic is scheduled for release in "several weeks", which would still line up with his prior poem about it being released after Passover. But, there's also a stock device coming. So, for those that want the Bionic, go ahead and get it, but don't get ticked off when a stock device comes around shortly thereafter (or before the contract is up).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Doh! How in the world did I miss that? Good catch.

OK. My interpretation is then that the Bionic is scheduled for release in "several weeks", which would still line up with his prior poem about it being released after Passover. But, there's also a stock device coming. So, for those that want the Bionic, go ahead and get it, but don't get ticked off when a stock device comes around shortly thereafter (or before the contract is up).

I am only interested in the Stock device only if it is 4.3" and is Dual Core 1G of ram or higher. If not I am not interested.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I am only interested in the Stock device only if it is 4.3" and is Dual Core 1G of ram or higher. If not I am not interested.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what falls. But, if the Bionic does come out at the end of next month, I'm all over it. The question for me would be whether I get a 1-yr or 2-yr contract. I may lean towards the 1-yr. That way I wouldn't be tied down should a Nexus device get released that matches or surpasses the Bionic in hardware.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
When I called for an early upgrade (contract up in August), I told her I wanted the Thunderbolt. She asked why I wouldn't wait a little longer, as there will be more devices out towards my contract term date, and she specifically mentioned the Bionic. Since I believe it will be locked and I love Sense, I will just take my chances with the Thunderbolt.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Data plans could be a big issue as well

The larger issue here may be the data pricing. We know initially VZW is keeping the same data plans 4G, but they have stated that by summer they will be on tiered plans. So getting on a 4g device before that tiering starts could mean savings every month. And lets say that they will let you Grandfather that rate 1x, then so then you get unlimited 4g data for next 4 years!

If they switch to tiered before you upgrade because you were waiting for one of these rumored devices you may be forced to a higher tiered plan, Maybe similar to the off contract rates that leaked, or have to use that 1x grandfathering. That could mean a big difference in total costs.

Lots to consider....

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking the Bionic would be my next phone, probably will be, but if a Dual-Core Nexus(3) comes to VZW I would be all over that in a heart beat. I've mostly been doing 1 year contracts, and I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket since the end of November. I hope the next super phone comes out soon.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the Bionic would be my next phone, probably will be, but if a Dual-Core Nexus(3) comes to VZW I would be all over that in a heart beat. I've mostly been doing 1 year contracts, and I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket since the end of November. I hope the next super phone comes out soon.

It's a possibility. But if it does exist, I wouldn't expect it till the end of 2011 or early 2012.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
The larger issue here may be the data pricing. We know initially VZW is keeping the same data plans 4G, but they have stated that by summer they will be on tiered plans. So getting on a 4g device before that tiering starts could mean savings every month. And lets say that they will let you Grandfather that rate 1x, then so then you get unlimited 4g data for next 4 years!

If they switch to tiered before you upgrade because you were waiting for one of these rumored devices you may be forced to a higher tiered plan, Maybe similar to the off contract rates that leaked, or have to use that 1x grandfathering. That could mean a big difference in total costs.

Lots to consider....

The only thing about that is I think I read that even if you get grandfathered in there are a lot of changes that would force you to change your plan, switching devices, making any changes to your plan and even getting a warranty replacement would force you out of that plan.

I did read it on here somewhere and I think it was the 7000+ post thunderbolt thread and I am not going looking for it. I do hope it is not true because my plan is to get the TB and then the Bionic when it comes out and try and keep my unlimited data

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, great because right now I happen to be in one of the limited 4G areas and I just cannot wait to get my hands on it! Since I will be getting it on a 2-year contract I think I can wait a little longer that will keep me much more satisfied in the long run, I mean I'd love to get a Thunderbolt, but a year from now I'd be kicking myself for not waiting a bit longer for the Bionic. But then again, a year from now there'll be quad core phones OMG!!!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Captcha Your Soul

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha you guys are gonna be waiting forever.

"this comes out in a few weeks, but wait this comes out a few weeks after that, BUT WAIT, this other thing comes out a few weeks after that!"

which leads to

"But if i wait a few weeks I get the Bionic dual core, but if i wait EVEN MORE, I'll get a better FFC AND dual core, but hold upppp, if I wait more, I'll get all that and a better GPU, BUT HOLLLLLDDD UP, the new iPhone 5 is gonna release a few weeks after that!"

which leads to

YOU NEVER GETTING A PHONE xD

You guys can keep playing that game. My TB is in my mailbox waiting for me to pick it up when I go home tmrw. :)

Reactions: LAdroid

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Haha you guys are gonna be waiting forever.

"this comes out in a few weeks, but wait this comes out a few weeks after that, BUT WAIT, this other thing comes out a few weeks after that!"

which leads to

"But if i wait a few weeks I get the Bionic dual core, but if i wait EVEN MORE, I'll get a better FFC AND dual core, but hold upppp, if I wait more, I'll get all that and a better GPU, BUT HOLLLLLDDD UP, the new iPhone 5 is gonna release a few weeks after that!"

which leads to

YOU NEVER GETTING A PHONE xD

You guys can keep playing that game. My TB is in my mailbox waiting for me to pick it up when I go home tmrw. :)

How about I had the DX, now have the TB and will have the Bionic, no holding out for me :) remember he who dies with the most toys wins!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12