Would you purchase a "tablet dock" for the Bionic?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
When Motorola announced the Atrix and the laptop dock that goes with it, my immediate reaction was "this is just a gimmick". What I really want is a dock that transforms my phone into a tablet - a Tablet Dock!!

I used a Galaxy Tab for 2 weeks before returning it to Verizon. When the rep asked why I was returning it, I told him that I couldn't find a practical use for it. I checked email, read some news, browsed the web and read a book a bit each night before going to bed. The larger screen was great. But other than that, it stayed on my night stand each day.

The other annoying thing about a tablet was I had to maintain another device. Awful. I convinced myself that what I really wanted was a phone with a larger screen (a.k.a. the Bionic). But having an option to dock it into a 7 or 8 inch tablet would be great!

Low and behold, my prayers may have been answered!! Would this gadget change your thoughts about the Bionic? What are your thoughts?

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If they made a larger screen (about 10 inches) with a high resolution and a good battery, with a slot that you just slide the Bionic into, I would totally consider getting one for movies and gaming. Pricing would be a huge part in this. If it was $150 I would buy it in a heartbeat. THis price should not be out of the ordinary for just a screen and a battery since everything else is already in the phone.

Good question, I like that idea

Update: it would also need either a built in front facing camera, or a glass part so that the phones FFC could see through for video chatting. (Just in case Moto is paying attention *wink wink*)

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If it cost significantly less than a stand alone tablet and allowed me to access the network without needing to pay extra for a tethering plan I would be interested.

But as it stands, the atrix-thing looks pretty useless, imo. For similar money, I?d much rather have a separate phone and a laptop/tablet that can both be used independently.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad