04-28-2011 06:57 PM
353 1234 ...
tools
    Pushed back to June-ish.

What have I told you guys about listening to strangers. lol
    DolfanCole and Stang68 like this.
    04-14-2011 02:31 PM
    This is potentially tough news for what I think is a decent sized portion of the VZW smartphone customer base. Those of us who want to avoid some of the battery issues of the TBolt and crave a 4G phone.

This makes me reconsider a TBolt on a 1 year plan, giving me a renewal option in Feb. 2012. No news today would have been better than this curveball, certainly.
    04-14-2011 02:37 PM
    You know Phil if you're wrong we WILL throw tomato's at you : )
    04-14-2011 02:37 PM
    So tiered data will come first, maybe???
    04-14-2011 02:54 PM
    How about we all chill out until we hear from BlackmanX, or even Verizon on this issue.

And, if and only if this is confirmed- I'm sure we'll start a new thread about what phone to get instead. Verizon/Moto need to get a handle on this rumor- google "droind bionic" under news, and you'll see this story going viral right now.
    04-14-2011 03:04 PM
    Quick... someone turn on the Panda-Signal and shine it up in the sky!
    04-14-2011 03:16 PM
    Pushed back to June-ish.

I may never upgrade from this Incredible at this pace.
    04-14-2011 03:18 PM
    I may never upgrade from this Incredible at this pace.
    +1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    04-14-2011 03:42 PM
    Pushed back to June-ish.

Alright Philly, I guess I will hold out until June. Any news on if this will come out before the "Summer" tiered pricing plan?
    04-14-2011 04:15 PM
    Sorry to hear this news. When I decided to switch to Android I was going to go for the Bionic. It looks like a great device!
    04-14-2011 04:18 PM
    Sorry to hear this news. When I decided to switch to Android I was going to go for the Bionic. It looks like a great device!
    It is looking like it is just a big rumor for now. We just have to wait and see.
    04-14-2011 04:26 PM
    You're telling me. I'm on a BB curve with no data plan on At&t. I am THIS CLOSE to going and buying a Tbolt. Plus I'll be in L.A. this wknd so I'd have some awesome 4g speeds. Gahhh
    04-14-2011 04:27 PM
    You're telling me. I'm on a BB curve with no data plan on At&t. I am THIS CLOSE to going and buying a Tbolt. Plus I'll be in L.A. this wknd so I'd have some awesome 4g speeds. Gahhh
    I decided on the Tbolt 3 weeks before it was released. I loved the look of Sense, and the phone overall. The release date was the last straw! I was sick of my Tour and eligible.
    04-14-2011 04:29 PM
    I hope the underbelly is true, and that a stock super device is headed to Verizon. I am not set on the Bionic, but it remains on my short list.
    04-14-2011 04:34 PM
    UPDATE: A trusted source has told us that the Bionic is canceled, but only so that Motorola can retool the specs. There will indeed eventually be a handset with the name Droid Bionic, but it will have superior specs to what we saw in Jan. at CES. More as we get it.

Has the Motorola Droid Bionic Been Canceled? | TechnoBuffalo
    04-14-2011 05:17 PM
    I decided on the Tbolt 3 weeks before it was released. I loved the look of Sense, and the phone overall. The release date was the last straw! I was sick of my Tour and eligible.
    Ya I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow. I've never had a smartphone so a Tbolt will be a HUGE upgrade for me. Plus I'm rarely in 4g areas (battery issue), coupled with the 1 year contract, unlimited data...I think Tbolt it is

And if Bionic ends up not being cancelled, well I have 14 days to return it with a simple $35 restocking fee
    04-14-2011 05:33 PM
    I won't believe it till I see official word of some sort. I see no reason why this phone would be delayed. The offcial word from moto and verizon was Q2 of this year. Q2 is not over, not even close. The release date probably will not be april 28th (although i hope it is). Everyone is getting all fired up because they are hearing phones other then the bionic being released on one of the bionics RUMORED release dates.
    1812dave likes this.
    04-14-2011 05:52 PM
    UPDATE: A trusted source has told us that the Bionic is canceled, but only so that Motorola can retool the specs. There will indeed eventually be a handset with the name “Droid Bionic”, but it will have superior specs to what we saw in Jan. at CES. More as we get it.

Has the Motorola Droid Bionic Been Canceled? | TechnoBuffalo
    Now IF the retooling rumor is true, we now need to know the projected release date. IF it is being revamped, I doubt it will be in Q2 then which is a big bummer since the summer tiered plan is what I really want to avoid if possible.

Again speculation is all we still have at this time.
    04-14-2011 05:54 PM
    Word inside the Motorola plant here in south Florida (sunrise/Plantation) is the Bionic WILL be released with a projected date of the first week in June.
    Just saying...
    1812dave and Hand_O_Death like this.
    04-14-2011 06:06 PM
    Can someone say QUAD core with ONE gig of ram?!?!
    04-14-2011 06:29 PM
    Can someone say QUAD core with ONE gig of ram?!?!

If you can throw your voice forward a year, then yes, you could say quad core
    04-14-2011 06:44 PM
    While I am glad to hear the June, I hope it isn't June as my D1 probably won't make it that long as a reliable phone/device.
    04-14-2011 06:55 PM
    Verizon needs to do something and get us something good. I think the Bionic is a great device but if it was going to be on of their top-of-the line Android devices in their line-up that would have been a HUGE disappointment.

Hopefully they will pack it with a 1GIG RAM and slap a sAMOLED + screen on it and I'd be a potential consumer once again. Anything less and I'll pass and pick up the Galaxy SII when it drops.

Purely specualting here but I think the "new and improved" Bionic is actually going to be the "Targa"

Interesting to see how this all plays out.
    04-14-2011 07:00 PM
    Here's some NEW info peeps. Looks like it has been cancelled and the "Targa" is taking is moving front and center..

Surfed over some news and just picked this up!

Pretty cool. Looks like I'm in the market for this Biorga : )

I will update OP

Looks like it may be sporting the TI OMAP 4 Dual Core as well. That will be a pretty nice set-up. Sweetness abounds. Now lets hope they prop it up with at least 1GIG of RAM

Motorola kills the DROID BIONIC Etna, with the Targa to replace it - Phone Arena
    Johnly likes this.
    04-14-2011 07:06 PM
    Here's some NEW info peeps. Looks like it has been cancelled and the "Targa" is taking is moving front and center..

Surfed over some news and just picked this up!

Pretty cool. Looks like I'm in the market for this Biorga : )

I will update OP

Looks like it may be sporting the TI OMAP 4 Dual Core as well. That will be a pretty nice set-up. Sweetness abounds. Now lets hope they prop it up with at least 1GIG of RAM

Motorola kills the DROID BIONIC Etna, with the Targa to replace it - Phone Arena
    Yup, that was written by FAUguy of HoFo, who said said last weekend that he'd be shocked if the Bionic wasn't cancelled...
    04-14-2011 07:30 PM
353 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD