Moto's Bionic is Dead?

aDroidtoRemember

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I decided on the Tbolt 3 weeks before it was released. I loved the look of Sense, and the phone overall. The release date was the last straw! I was sick of my Tour and eligible.

Ya I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow. I've never had a smartphone so a Tbolt will be a HUGE upgrade for me. Plus I'm rarely in 4g areas (battery issue), coupled with the 1 year contract, unlimited data...I think Tbolt it is

And if Bionic ends up not being cancelled, well I have 14 days to return it with a simple $35 restocking fee

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I won't believe it till I see official word of some sort. I see no reason why this phone would be delayed. The offcial word from moto and verizon was Q2 of this year. Q2 is not over, not even close. The release date probably will not be april 28th (although i hope it is). Everyone is getting all fired up because they are hearing phones other then the bionic being released on one of the bionics RUMORED release dates.

Reactions: 1812dave

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: A trusted source has told us that the Bionic is canceled, but only so that Motorola can retool the specs. There will indeed eventually be a handset with the name “Droid Bionic”, but it will have superior specs to what we saw in Jan. at CES. More as we get it.

Has the Motorola Droid Bionic Been Canceled? | TechnoBuffalo

Now IF the retooling rumor is true, we now need to know the projected release date. IF it is being revamped, I doubt it will be in Q2 then which is a big bummer since the summer tiered plan is what I really want to avoid if possible.

Again speculation is all we still have at this time.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon needs to do something and get us something good. I think the Bionic is a great device but if it was going to be on of their top-of-the line Android devices in their line-up that would have been a HUGE disappointment.

Hopefully they will pack it with a 1GIG RAM and slap a sAMOLED + screen on it and I'd be a potential consumer once again. Anything less and I'll pass and pick up the Galaxy SII when it drops.

Purely specualting here but I think the "new and improved" Bionic is actually going to be the "Targa"

Interesting to see how this all plays out.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's some NEW info peeps. Looks like it has been cancelled and the "Targa" is taking is moving front and center..

Surfed over some news and just picked this up!

Pretty cool. Looks like I'm in the market for this Biorga : )

I will update OP

Looks like it may be sporting the TI OMAP 4 Dual Core as well. That will be a pretty nice set-up. Sweetness abounds. Now lets hope they prop it up with at least 1GIG of RAM

Motorola kills the DROID BIONIC Etna, with the Targa to replace it - Phone Arena

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnly

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's some NEW info peeps. Looks like it has been cancelled and the "Targa" is taking is moving front and center..

Surfed over some news and just picked this up!

Pretty cool. Looks like I'm in the market for this Biorga : )

I will update OP

Looks like it may be sporting the TI OMAP 4 Dual Core as well. That will be a pretty nice set-up. Sweetness abounds. Now lets hope they prop it up with at least 1GIG of RAM

Motorola kills the DROID BIONIC Etna, with the Targa to replace it - Phone Arena

Yup, that was written by FAUguy of HoFo, who said said last weekend that he'd be shocked if the Bionic wasn't cancelled...

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Tegra 2 also had the nVida Tegra store which has apps and games made specifically for the dual core devices, which seems like a sweet deal with nVidia behind the games.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The latest from BMX:

Long day is over... I think I understand where this cancelled news is coming from. still cant believe that verizon would be so... misguided, but alot lately has shocked me. I have to confirm with some moto people and some folks on my side.

If so.. guess some folks get collector items to go with their Merge devices... lol

will update accordingly.

Reactions: DolfanCole

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Tegra 2 also had the nVida Tegra store which has apps and games made specifically for the dual core devices, which seems like a sweet deal with nVidia behind the games.

Agreed : ) just curious as to why you made that definitive statement. I'll be happy with either of them but the Tegra Zone is a nice touch

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I refuse to belive it because i want one. But i will say that software and batteries are not able to keep up with the current technology. I hope they are wrong, but time will tell.