Moto's Bionic is Dead?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to belive it because i want one. But i will say that software and batteries are not able to keep up with the current technology. I hope they are wrong, but time will tell.

Last time I looked at my TB the 2700 mah keeps up with lte technology just fine.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Like I said earlier Cruiserdude wnrussell is always spot on with his info. If he says something you can take it to the bank. Thats why I posted this info.

This was a HUGE statement and he wouldn't just throw it out there without full knowledge of the situation.

Winston, wnrussell and xbernaut are the 3 guys in the Android world who will NEVER get things wrong. They are very careful about what they say and when they do leak info you can bet it's legit.

These are the only 3 guys I trust with info/leaks. They have a perfect batting average.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well it stinks, but it does appear that his info is correct. As I noted in my other thread, the Bionic has disappeared from Moto's sorted list of devices under the Mobile Phones tab WITHIN the past 10 minutes...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like I said earlier Cruiserdude wnrussell is always spot on with his info. If he says something you can take it to the bank. Thats why I posted this info.

This was a HUGE statement and he wouldn't just throw it out there without full knowledge of the situation.

Winston, wnrussell and xbernaut are the 3 guys in the Android world who will NEVER get things wrong. They are very careful about what they say and when they do leak info you can bet it's legit.

These are the only 3 guys I trust with info/leaks. They have a perfect batting average.

BMX knows more than all of them, and he will not confirm it yet.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png

O well, now what?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well it stinks, but it does appear that his info is correct. As I noted in my other thread, the Bionic has disappeared from Moto's sorted list of devices under the Mobile Phones tab WITHIN the past 10 minutes...

What page are you looking at? Its still there, and still on the front page of the Mobility website, and can still be found if you look at the 'all mobile phones' tab.

Geeze people, calm the eff down.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Let's make a deal then. We will just ignore THIS link and when he confirms the info you will then stop running from thread to thread with the same message. : )

Sound good?

You actually trust phonearena? That site is garbage. They repost info from other sites, and post rumors as if they're fact.

Here are the facts as they stand:
-The Bionic is still up on Motorola's site.
-Verizon, nor motorola have given any indication that the handset has been canned.
-BMX, the only source any of you should actually listen to, has not heard of a cancellation.
-EVERYTHING that has been posted is based on info from one or two sources, that have provided no substantiating info whatsoever.

Forgive me if I choose to actually pay attention to the company that is making the phone instead of some supposedly reliable source on a website. If you choose to do so, that's fine. But stop spreading your hysteria as if what you're posting is fact.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You actually trust phonearena? That site is garbage. They repost info from other sites, and post rumors as if they're fact.

Here are the facts as they stand:
-The Bionic is still up on Motorola's site.
-Verizon, nor motorola have given any indication that the handset has been canned.
-BMX, the only source any of you should actually listen to, has not heard of a cancellation.
-EVERYTHING that has been posted is based on info from one or two sources, that have provided no substantiating info whatsoever.

Forgive me if I choose to actually pay attention to the company that is making the phone instead of some supposedly reliable source on a website. If you choose to do so, that's fine. But stop spreading your hysteria as if what you're posting is fact.
As I said above I implicitly trust wnrussell and I don't see anyone spreading hysteria : )

Nowhere do you see that anyone is saying that the Bionic is going to be unleashed on the masses with radioactive material in it and within one month people will start dying of radiation sickness. A handset got canceled which is NOT a big deal at all. It happens all the time. Thats not hysteria, thats a simple fact.

So that we don't jam up this thread arguing over this if you choose to beleive the info is bad thats your prerogative and you can move on until you get the answers you are looking for. Thanks Droid800.....

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
As I said above I implicitly trust wnrussell and I don't see anyone spreading hysteria : )

Nowhere do you see that anyone is saying that the Bionic is going to be unleashed on the masses with radioactive material in it and within one month people will start dying of radiation sickness. A handset got canceled which is NOT a big deal at all. It happens all the time. Thats not hysteria, thats a simple fact.

So that we don't jam up this thread arguing over this if you choose to beleive the info is bad thats your prerogative and you can move on until you get the answers you are looking for. Thanks Droid800.....

Again, please stop claiming the handset has been canceled. Until Verizon or Motorola confirms it, it is a rumor and nothing more. You ARE spreading hysteria by claiming that the possible cancellation is fact, when it is not. You would do well to stop.

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have been looking forward to the release of the Bionic for some time, but that doesn't shield me from looking at things with an objective eye.

All wnrussell said was this:
The latest information now is that the Bionic is not going to make it to market, and Targa or a similar model will take it's place.

I think that the first three words of that sentence are the most critical. The latest information doesn't suggest finality to me, I don't know about you. Like BMX said, things have been volatile lately with the Bionic. Maybe they are contemplating cancelling it. It doesn't sound like a final decision to me. Things change day to day, maybe tomorrow we'll find out official release info on the device... Who knows?

I do agree though that it's quite funny seeing everybody spell doom and gloom over a statement or two that is suggesting that the Bionic might not be released. Like I said, I don't read any of these sources of being 100% positive, maybe it was just an idea that was being kicked around? But don't spread that rumor, that's just me thinking aloud. ;)

Objectively, I'd give it a 5:1 shot of being released or canned. If nothing else, it certainly makes these next few days a bit more interesting...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I also have been looking forward to the release of the Bionic for some time, but that doesn't shield me from looking at things with an objective eye.

All wnrussell said was this:

I think that the first three words of that sentence are the most critical. The latest information doesn't suggest finality to me, I don't know about you. Like BMX said, things have been volatile lately with the Bionic. Maybe they are contemplating cancelling it. It doesn't sound like a final decision to me. Things change day to day, maybe tomorrow we'll find out official release info on the device... Who knows?

I do agree though that it's quite funny seeing everybody spell doom and gloom over a statement or two that is suggesting that the Bionic might not be released. Like I said, I don't read any of these sources of being 100% positive, maybe it was just an idea that was being kicked around? But don't spread that rumor, that's just me thinking aloud. ;)

Objectively, I'd give it a 5:1 shot of being released or canned. If nothing else, it certainly makes these next few days a bit more interesting...

WNRussell also doesn't cite where his info comes from. He just puts it out there. Maybe he was talking to someone that's been parsing all the tester data and wasn't happy? Maybe he witnessed an internal conversation contemplating a cancellation? Maybe Verizon is contemplating a switch that has nothing whatsoever to do with problems the Bionic is having?

Since he didn't tell us, who knows?

Considering that the Thunderbolt launch went right up to the wire as far as the okay, it is certainly likely that the Bionic will go through the same machinations.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
When Phil, VZW, Motorola, or BMX come out and confirm this rumor I will bite. This looks like a news story "If it bleeds,it leads". Hey I heard a rumor _____. Turns into The Bionic has been canceled and the Targa will replace it.

Just relax and wait for an official word.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
BMX, the only source any of you should actually listen to, has not heard of a cancellation.

Forgive me if I choose to actually pay attention to the company that is making the phone instead of some supposedly reliable source on a website.

Contradict yourself much? BMX is just that...a supposedly reliable source on a website. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of BMX, as he's provided a lot of solid inside info. But, as CK and I both know, there are other reliable tipsters on this planet too. BMX is only human. You would do well to stop sensationalizing him.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
BMX was in the podcast chatroom last night and just said he will look into it and get back to us. He had not heard anything about it so just wait until you hear something official enough that AC will report on it themselves. Last thing from AC is that it is postponed until June.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
WNRussell also doesn't cite where his info comes from. He just puts it out there. Maybe he was talking to someone that's been parsing all the tester data and wasn't happy? Maybe he witnessed an internal conversation contemplating a cancellation? Maybe Verizon is contemplating a switch that has nothing whatsoever to do with problems the Bionic is having?

Since he didn't tell us, who knows?

You obviously don't know who he is with a statement like that : )

Wait for BMX or whatever info you are waiting on. I respect that.

Sent from my Droid

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
After coming to my senses I decided to just wait to here what The Panda(BMX) comes back with.. As of right now I am just going to wait and see and not make any decisions. My next phone will be Dual Core weather it is the Bionic, GS2, or Targa. What ever comes out of this we will be fine.. Now I see what the TB people were going through!:confused:

Last edited:

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Who cares if the Bionic is cancelled.. so we have to wait a little longer. I'm a patient man.

Since the earliest days of this phone's development various sources have leaked it was a problematic phone that it has had some issues that were severe. This news of cancellation, if true, shouldn't be a shock. There are just some things that just aren't meant to be put together.

I would far rather see Moto do what's right for the brand and give us a truly killer device than force it out into the wild where we'd spend more time wresting with it than just using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome