C'mon guys--fix the "defunct" comment.
    04-20-2011 10:41 AM
    C'mon guys--fix the "defunct" comment.
    Because for several days the internet rumor mill ran rampant with the supposed inside infothat this device had been cancelled by Motorola. Some forum admin jumpes the gun. We now know from Motorola that it isn't completely cancelled but it is being sent back to the labs for some "enhancements " in other words a redesign. Most of those who were waiting on this phone and can't wait much longer are either getting the Thunderbolt or waiing a little longer for the Droid X2.
    04-20-2011 12:40 PM
    It should say "possibly defunct," as these enhancements may mean the Targa shipping as the Bionic. There's statements against that, but Moto really isn't going to give definitive statements on unreleased and an unannounced device.
    thebizz likes this.
    04-20-2011 12:43 PM
    It should say "possibly defunct," as these enhancements may mean the Targa shipping as the Bionic. There's statements against that, but Moto really isn't going to give definitive statements on unreleased and an unannounced device.

That's the key though. What we get back eventually may not be the same phone specs wise that we have all been drueling over.
    04-20-2011 12:47 PM
    That's the key though. What we get back eventually may not be the same phone specs wise that we have all been drueling over.
    If they are going to compete with the Other phones out there then they would have to bump it up specs if they lowered anything other then price this phone would fail big time.
    04-20-2011 03:30 PM
    The bionic we know is dead. The name DROID Bionic is Verizon's branding and will likely still be used. The hardware itself (known as the Etna internally) is no more.

Targa looks way better, anyways
    04-20-2011 04:27 PM
    Doesn't really matter, IMO, that the Bionic will sport different hardware than we originally thought. The point is that "Bionic" is not "defunct". Just because a modern day Thunderbird (the CAR) is different than a '57 T-bird is no reason to claim the T-bird is defunct.
    04-20-2011 11:51 PM
    But Didnt Phil himself say a couple of days ago not to trust the sources and that it was just delayed?
    04-21-2011 12:06 AM
    The hardware we have come to know is no longer in effect dave. We can only talk about what we know and that is that the Bionic as we have come to know it, will be changed in some way(s). So until then we are speaking about a defunct device. Thats why the admins have left the title.

I think you are misunderstanding the context of how it's being used.
    04-21-2011 12:12 AM
    Let it go guys, nothing any of us can do about it until we get more info from Moto which-likely wont be specifically until they are ready to announce the revised device and I am sure that the AC staff will update it at that time; but for now it is essentially accurate ... the Bionic (as we saw it at CES) is "defunct" no way around it....
    04-21-2011 12:55 AM
    The bionic we know is dead. The name DROID Bionic is Verizon's branding and will likely still be used. The hardware itself (known as the Etna internally) is no more.
    Exactly. I do understand the confusion though. If the forum description stated "Discuss the now defunct Motorola Etna", that would be far more accurate and less confusing, as the Bionic name will apparently live on. So, I think the situation has now been made pretty clear. Some folks will continue to say, "See?! The Bionic isn't dead! It's still coming out! Motorola said so! You and your sources that I'm unfamiliar with and, therefore, refuse to believe, were wrong!", regardless though. However, many of us know better than that.
    04-21-2011 07:49 AM
    Bad Admin. That's the only explanation I can come up with
    04-21-2011 07:53 AM
    HAHA!! Thanks for the fix!
    04-21-2011 11:29 AM
    Cory?! You got some esplainin' to do!

04-21-2011 01:46 PM
    Yes, this is blasphemy Cory!
    04-21-2011 02:34 PM
    Hey Streat, Can you refer me to the page where I can report an admin? Thanks bud.
    Johnly likes this.
    04-21-2011 04:28 PM
    Hey Streat, Can you refer me to the page where I can report an admin? Thanks bud.
    No worries he's been reported and they took his keyboard and mouse away...

Sent from my Droid
    Johnly likes this.
    04-21-2011 07:32 PM
    04-22-2011 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD