New Rumored Motorola phones, Bullet and Jet

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Rumor: Motorola Prepares the Jet and Bullet as its First Tegra 3 Devices, Headed for Q1 2012? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

from Droid life.

Suggest that early 2012, we will see these new phones

both Tegra 3 Quad core, both 12 mp camera, 1-1.5gb DDR2 ram, both qHD display, both with NFC.

One of them is keyboardless, but 4.3inch screen, and the other has keyboard, but 4inch screen.

Someone said this in the droid life post, but it sure sounds like Droid X3, and Droid 3.

I know people are saying Droid 3 will be releasing like around Fall on 3G, but with all these Bionic uncertainties, Droid 3 might be pushed back as well and made better.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
IMO, Motorola needs to start releasing phones. They are getting left further and further behind. HTC is releasing (or has released) some nice phones in the Inspire, Thunderbolt, Incredible S/2, and Sensation. Samsung is coming soon with the Charge, Nexus S, Infuse, and Galaxy S 2. LG has the Revolution, Optimus 2x/G2X. Motorola has the Atrix and confusion. Hopefully for Motorola, they will at least have the DX2 coming soon.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more.

Luckily for Motorola the HTC Sensation, G2X and Galaxy S 2 are on different carriers. If Verizon would have snatched up the Sensation instead of the Thunderbolt I would have bought it.

Probably same scenario with the G2X and Samsung GS2. Assuming these would all be LTE.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like some very good devices, it would be real nice if they would start confirming some stuff for the Bionic.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more.

Luckily for Motorola the HTC Sensation, G2X and Galaxy S 2 are on different carriers. If Verizon would have snatched up the Sensation instead of the Thunderbolt I would have bought it.

Probably same scenario with the G2X and Samsung GS2. Assuming these would all be LTE.

You nailed it with this post, I think if any of those phones had come to Verizon first then you might have seen a lot of people wanting the Bionic end up getting one of those instead. I'd even throw the EVO 3D in that list as well.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just can't help but wonder. If the Bionic is in fact just getting upgraded and an improved form factor. Isn't it entirely possible that it will not be the Targa? and that the Targa could be one of the above mentioned phones sporting the first Tegra 3 chips?

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just can't help but wonder. If the Bionic is in fact just getting upgraded and an improved form factor. Isn't it entirely possible that it will not be the Targa? and that the Targa could be one of the above mentioned phones sporting the first Tegra 3 chips?

It's definitely possible, that is why it would be great if Moto would release some more details about what is happening. Hopefully that is coming sooner rather than later.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

you certainly are a dreamer, hahah.

Hey there is hope.

Ive been looking at the picture of the Targa alot recently, and its actually growing on me. If you look really closely, the casing i believe looks like brushed metal. So its gonna be a tank if im correct. The hump has grown on me too, its rounded out, and doesnt stick out as much the DX.

The chrome bezel i dont think i can get over though. Chrome makes electronics look cheap. ALWAYS

If i can resist my impulse buying ways, i hope i wont buy a DX on ebay, because i dont have a smartphone currently and need something to get by the 3 months. But if i do. I plan on buying the bionic/Targa on contract and replacing it with quad core or the enxt big leap phone off contract, granted it looks nice.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

There may be some truth to this, although very small.

If you consider the rumors true about the Targa, it containing the Tegra 3 most off all then its possible.

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

People are saying Targa will have 13MP camera. I dont know about you but thats a huge jump from the 8 we are rocking now. And 1 MP higher than the 2 rumored devices i mentioned. So if all that is true, then how can Targa which is expect no later than September, have a more powerful camera than those 2 other high end phones releasing in 2012?

So all in all the Targa does have a chance being one of the 2 motorola devices in 2012, and bionic will stay the bionic most of us love.

I am also a dreamer.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am still sticking to my belief that the Targa Pictures are 100% BS. Why photoshop the back of the phone where it says Verizon? Look at it up close...

I do not believe the pictures are real at all.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Jasper, if the Bionic form stays the same after Moto releases new info, you and i are gonna throw a forum party.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If it stays the same I am going to make CK post a picture of him kissing the Bionic.

I was just reading up on Targa over at HoFo and wnrussell swears up and down the Targa is real. Even though the pictures look bogus. However that doesn't mean that its not going to be a Q1 2012 phone and that the Bionic will not look like that. Even if the Bionic doesnt look exactly as Moto's website shows it I have hope that it will not develop a "hump".

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading android blogs and generally lurking in forums since the n1 was released over a year ago, and one thing i've learned is moto tends to talk big, but never follow through.
anyone remember last summer they were talking about releasing a dual core device by the end of 2010? the atrix wasn't even annouced till after the new year. this talk of tegra 3 is mearly a rumor, so I really doubt we'll see them that soon, but i'm no expert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital