Motorola Targa/Bionic ? Targa Sufficiently Ladened With Advanced Technology

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Please have that blogger take some kind of English class. Content was there, but it was a little painful to read. I am sure Harry is a good dude though.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It just looks like this guy gathered all the information out there and put it together.

He says it will run a tegra porccesor, so lets see how that turns out

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It just looks like this guy gathered all the information out there and put it together.

He says it will run a tegra porccesor, so lets see how that turns out

The specs could be from when the Tegra was originally leaked.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not a Blog worthy article. I swear the last 12 pages of Online "news" about the bionic are reiterations of the same crap we found out about weeks ago. People just want visits to their website so they post garbage without any information at all. Just like this article.

It gets very frustrating when you think you may be reading something divulging new information. NO offense at all but should seriously delete this thread, i dont think Harry deserves views to his webpage for that pile.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
the latest rumor/speculation was that the Targa/Bionic would be going with dual core OMAP processor, not a Tegra (because of all the 4G issues) - any more word on that??

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
the latest rumor/speculation was that the Targa/Bionic would be going with dual core OMAP processor, not a Tegra (because of all the 4G issues) - any more word on that??

Husker! Awesome to see you brother....

The ONLY thing that is known about the Bionic/Tegra at this time is that its LTE. Anything else is just speculation. The TI OMAP has been mentioned quite a few times but nothing has been verified.

The gentlemen at HoFo will leak specs in due time I'm sure.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnly

ffac789

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. I'm just getting so tired of my Storm 2 that I'm willing to just go for the Droid Charge. I'm hoping some kind of news comes out this month that will tide me over until whenever the Bionic comes out.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
CK and Preach - good to see you guys, too! i figured it wouldn't hurt for me to branch out and broaden my horizons a little bit... ;) I'll get this out of the way, now: long time lurker, first time poster... lol

ffac, fwiw, i wouldn't take the Charge on a bet. i can only imagine the frustration in watching all of these phones dangled in front of you while you're stuck with a Storm 2. but, in this particular instance, i think you'll be much happier in the end if you stick it out and wait to see what the Targa has in store (and the GS2, for that matter). for me personally, if i HAD to get a phone really soon, i'd probably wait for the DX2 or D3 - i'd take dual core/3g over single core/4g.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
CK and Preach - good to see you guys, too! i figured it wouldn't hurt for me to branch out and broaden my horizons a little bit... ;) I'll get this out of the way, now: long time lurker, first time poster... lol

ffac, fwiw, i wouldn't take the Charge on a bet. i can only imagine the frustration in watching all of these phones dangled in front of you while you're stuck with a Storm 2. but, in this particular instance, i think you'll be much happier in the end if you stick it out and wait to see what the Targa has in store (and the GS2, for that matter). for me personally, if i HAD to get a phone really soon, i'd probably wait for the DX2 or D3 - i'd take dual core/3g over single core/4g.

The GS2 on Verizon will not be LTE.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I concur husker re : dual core 3g over single core 4g

Samsung did the Charge well. My friend picked one up and he says the battery life is actually really good. He was Storm 2 owner. I think for the everyday average user who has no clue about phones or doesn't care about specs the Charge will make a great phone. For us phone nutz on the other hand.....well ya know :)

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
No, but BMX has a GS2 right now, and he said point blank an LTE radio will not fit.

I don't know BMX......he test handsets for VZW?

I've heard and read otherwise is the reason I'm asking. Not saying anybody is right or wrong. Only have conflicting info

Edit: info I have heard and read. Verizons handset will be called the Samsung Galaxy 2 4G LTE, model number SCH-i520. As you know SCH-i510 is the Charge.

Last edited:

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There are reports of Bionic possibly getting a smaller 4g LTE anttena, so its very possible SII will as well.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908