Bionic's still coming, is defintely new hardware - XT875

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link. Its not very exciting though, and it was over two weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since then. Take a look and see what you think.

Is this an Unannounced Motorola Multi-core Device? Possibly Targa or Something Beyond? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

That side photo looks like this phone DROID Targa and DROID3 Make First Appearances, DROIDX2 Again as MB870 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog so I wonder if they just cannibalized the "targa" for the Bionic.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For all we know, it could coincide with the one year anni of the Droid X, July 15th...or whatever the closest Thursday is to that.

At this point I just want to have this phone and not lose my patience and get something that I may regret. That is my only fear!

blasianguy27

May 25, 2010
Visit site
At this point I just want to have this phone and not lose my patience and get something that I may regret. That is my only fear!

Me TOO! I almost had my mind set on just saying forget the Bionic/Targa whatever its called and just getting the LG Revolution to get locked into the 4G etc. etc. But now with this information from Phil, i have no choice but to wait. But how much longer i can wait is the question.

bKzor

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was soo close to picking a phone for my June upgrade from my D1... now all that time and research and been tossed out the window!

Blessing in designee or just another let down... we shall see!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was soo close to picking a phone for my June upgrade from my D1... now all that time and research and been tossed out the window!

Blessing in designee or just another let down... we shall see!

I can't afford any more let downs....

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Really want to wait for this! I've been wanting to move back to Verizon since Sprint hasn't been able to release Wimax in San Diego and Verizon already has a large LTE presence here. Shrint also lost a big roaming agreement here in town so this pushes me more towards VZW. My only fear is waiting for this phone and VZW putting tiered plans out. If that happens before this phone is released then I will have to pick up one of the other LTE devices out already.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My only concern with the Bionic is Moto's wishy-washy attitude toward locked bootloaders. A phone that can't be rooted has much less value since you can't get free tethering, your stuck with Blur and the bloatware, etc. Still, I want a dual core phone on Verizon, this seems to be the only real choice on the horizon.

Wait, I was just reading that you can still root with a locked bootloader, is that right? Even if I can't change the kernel, being able to root and do custom roms would be enough for me!

Last edited:

blasianguy27

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm just tired of waiting.............as much as i really hate to just "settle" for something, if we don't hear something soon, i might just have to grab one of the devices that are out already. I dont know how much longer my OG Droid can take this abuse........

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So what if the revisions are to make an unlockable bootloader. Moto announced that they will still start moving that way with their new phones after they asked all those people on facebook. That's what I think might happen but that's just my two cents.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC