Heads Up, Motorola Droid Bionic May Just Get Blindsided This Summer

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I read their part about AT&T's LTE and laughed out loud.

AT&T is still at the lab-conditions phase of rolling out their network. It is only active in ONE market. There is no chance in hell that they are going to be releasing an LTE smartphone anywhere near this summer. Hell, I would even wager they might not have one out NEXT summer.

Just looking over the rest of that site, they're completely laughable. Zero credibility whatsoever.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I read their part about AT&T's LTE and laughed out loud.

AT&T is still at the lab-conditions phase of rolling out their network. It is only active in ONE market. There is no chance in hell that they are going to be releasing an LTE smartphone anywhere near this summer. Hell, I would even wager they might not have one out NEXT summer.

Just looking over the rest of that site, they're completely laughable. Zero credibility whatsoever.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. LTE is scheduled to launch on AT&T late 2011. Completed by 2013....

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have to respectfully disagree with you. LTE is scheduled to launch on AT&T late 2011. Completed by 2013....

They claim AT&T will be releasing an LTE handset this summer.

Not. A Chance. In. Hell.

Like VZW, their first device wave will be USB modems. Also like VZW its going to be well after that initial launch that we start seeing any consumer handsets.

This article is bunk, plain and simple.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
They claim AT&T will be releasing an LTE handset this summer.

Not. A Chance. In. Hell.

Like VZW, their first device wave will be USB modems. Also like VZW its going to be well after that initial launch that we start seeing any consumer handsets.

This article is bunk, plain and simple.

Ok then I guess the HTC Holiday and HTC Lead, which both run the Qualcomm MSM8660 baseband chip for HSPA+ and LTE support, will go elsewhere?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok then I guess the HTC Holiday and HTC Lead, which both run the Qualcomm MSM8660 baseband chip for HSPA+ and LTE support, will go elsewhere?

Nope. They'll be there. They just won't be launching until well after the modems. (and well after the LTE network in general)

AT&T is NOT about to make the huge mistake of launching consumer handsets at the same time as they launch a new network.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know WHEN they plan on releasing the bionic. I'm getting impatient.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. AT&T isn't stupid, and there's no evidence whatsoever that they're launching their network with two handsets.

Are you not aware of what AT&T said at CES this year? Do you ever read and check facts and rumors before spewing opinions? If you want to discuss/debate facts and rumors I'll happily indulge you but do yourself a favor and gather info first, process it, check it for credibility, check it again and then when the subject comes up post something thats based in fact or inform your readers that you are merely speculating on the subject.

Now with that said let me enlighten you on this subject of LTE and AT&T. First off we need to go back to CES this year. You are aware that AT&T was there correct? If not, well they were. Some guy named Ralph de la Vega was on stage and maybe you are not familiar with him but he happens to be the president and CEO of AT&T Mobility. I'd say he knows what he's talking about no? Well he jumped on stage and said AT&T would launch LTE services “by the middle of this year.” Quite a surprise huh? Seeing that AT&T were being sketchy last year that LTE products and services would be available in 2011 I found myself saying "Huh. Whadya know"

Lets cut to the post-presentation discussion now. Someone named Kris Rinne revealed some things. Kris is AT&T's Senior VP for Architecture and Planning. Probably knows a thing or two yes? Well it was mentioned that the LTE phones will have another radio to handle HSPA+ connectivity. No surprise there but Kris went onto say, and I will quote “which makes the middle of a year a good time to launch them,”

Now that you are informed and up to speed on the subject if you want to comment or give your opinions you have most of the information you need to put together a well thought out post based on tangible information.

Please feel free to check the facts I have layed out before you if you doubt the veracity of my statements above.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you not aware of what AT&T said at CES this year? Do you ever read and check facts and rumors before spewing opinions? If you want to discuss/debate facts and rumors I'll happily indulge you but do yourself a favor and gather info first, process it, check it for credibility, check it again and then when the subject comes up post something thats based in fact or inform your readers that you are merely speculating on the subject.

Now with that said let me enlighten you on this subject of LTE and AT&T. First off we need to go back to CES this year. You are aware that AT&T was there correct? If not, well they were. Some guy named Ralph de la Vega was on stage and maybe you are not familiar with him but he happens to be the president and CEO of AT&T Mobility. I'd say he knows what he's talking about no? Well he jumped on stage and said AT&T would launch LTE services ?by the middle of this year.? Quite a surprise huh? Seeing that AT&T were being sketchy last year that LTE products and services would be available in 2011 I found myself saying "Huh. Whadya know"

Lets cut to the post-presentation discussion now. Someone named Kris Rinne revealed some things. Kris is AT&T's Senior VP for Architecture and Planning. Probably knows a thing or two yes? Well it was mentioned that the LTE phones will have another radio to handle HSPA+ connectivity. No surprise there but Kris went onto say, and I will quote ?which makes the middle of a year a good time to launch them,?

Now that you are informed and up to speed on the subject if you want to comment or give your opinions you have most of the information you need to put together a well thought out post based on tangible information.

Please feel free to check the facts I have layed out before you if you doubt the veracity of my statements above.
You do know that there's a difference between launching LTE services and launching handsets, right? Verizon technically 'launched' LTE services in December, but we didn't see any handsets released until March. AT&T will go the same route.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
AT&T will go the same route.
Pure speculation and I will agree. But it still leaves 4-5 months to launch and LTE phone or 2 if RUMOR holds up.

Will it happen? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But It's very possible. You can't just discount everything as a joke and bunk without all the information. The fact remains that AT&T may just release a GREAT LTE phone by years end. Nobody really knows. Certainly wouldn't be a surprise though.