05-26-2011 01:45 PM
42 12
tools
    Exclusive: Sprint’s Motorola Phone to be Called the Motorola Photon 4G, Early Details Inside

model # MB855, CK get to digging.

said to be similiar to droid X2. Its possible its just a rebranded Droid X2 for Sprint, kind of like how they rebranded the Droid Pro for Sprint.

Hell i bet this will be released before the Bionic.
    05-24-2011 09:35 PM
    If it does get released first, I just may be done with Moto AND Verizon. How are they gonna make a copy of VZW's 3g DX2 but with Sprint's 4G? That's just not right.
    05-24-2011 10:03 PM
    Might be the Targa. Seeing that the Targa will not becoming the Bionic that leaves room for that hardware to go somewhere. Purely speculation but it stands to reason.

The chase begins

Sent from my Droid
    05-24-2011 10:03 PM
    Might be the Targa. Seeing that the Targa will not becoming the Bionic that leaves room for that hardware to go somewhere. Purely speculation but it stands to reason.

The chase begins

Sent from my Droid
    Or it could be Etna, haha. See if tegra 2 doesnt play good with LTE, then itll play good with WiMax.

Sprint got good reception here in NYC. If its etna im jumping ship for sure.
    05-24-2011 10:09 PM
    Or it could be Etna, haha. See if tegra 2 doesnt play good with LTE, then itll play good with WiMax.

Sprint got good reception here in NYC. If its etna im jumping ship for sure.
    Targa looks like a cousin to the X2 though. Etna has a whole other look. Then again they did spend a lot of time on the Etnas design to just toss it out the window. At this point your assessment is certainly logical but I'm leaning towards the Targa since it resembles the X2.

Sent from my Droid
    05-24-2011 10:14 PM
    Targa looks like a cousin to the X2 though. Etna has a whole other look. Then again they did spend a lot of time on the Etnas design to just toss it out the window. At this point your assessment is certainly logical but I'm leaning towards the Targa since it resembles the X2.

Sent from my Droid
    both good guess. I assumed etna because of what i previously stated, and because they said its similiar to DX2. And in alot of ways etna is like DX2 in that they both use tegra 2, targa does not, or rumored to not.
    05-24-2011 10:21 PM
    If it does get released first, I just may be done with Moto AND Verizon. How are they gonna make a copy of VZW's 3g DX2 but with Sprint's 4G? That's just not right.
    Seriously? Do you know of the issues involved with the Bionic? For all we know this new phone has been in development for as long as the original Bionic. How is that 'not right'?
    05-24-2011 10:27 PM
    They can't the X series is under the Droid monikor. It's exclusive to VZW's

The MB855 will be an entirely different handset.
    05-24-2011 10:48 PM
    Seriously? Do you know of the issues involved with the Bionic? For all we know this new phone has been in development for as long as the original Bionic. How is that 'not right'?
    maybe he's referring to the first post, that states that it might be a rebranded X2 and that it would be 4g while Verizon is still miles behind? or maybe not..just speculating..
    05-24-2011 10:49 PM
    New info revealed Targa is the Bionic so no idea what Photon will be.

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 03:32 AM
    They can't the X series is under the Droid monikor. It's exclusive to VZW's

The MB855 will be an entirely different handset.
    But the Droid Pro is also a VZW thing, but they are porting over the EXACT same headset to Sprint, just under a different name. But nothing is changed except the antenna
    05-25-2011 09:16 AM

The chase begins

Sent from my Droid
    New info revealed Targa is the Bionic so no idea what Photon will be.

Sent from my Droid
    Dude....whaaaat? You just threw me for a loop. As far as I've known for quite a while now, wnrussell has always said that the Targa is the new Bionic. He has referred to it as such many times. You not getting enough sleep, buddy?
    05-25-2011 10:08 AM
    But the Droid Pro is also a VZW thing, but they are porting over the EXACT same headset to Sprint, just under a different name. But nothing is changed except the antenna
    like the Motorola Milestones in the UK?
    05-25-2011 10:27 AM
    Dude....whaaaat? You just threw me for a loop. As far as I've known for quite a while now, wnrussell has always said that the Targa is the new Bionic. He has referred to it as such many times. You not getting enough sleep, buddy?
    There was some confusion a couple days back with that. I corrected my comment above. I'm going to assume that the early render of the Targa has changed a bit though.

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 10:51 AM
    There was some confusion a couple days back with that. I corrected my comment above. I'm going to assume that the early render of the Targa has changed a bit though.

Sent from my Droid
    Gotcha...I think I know what you're referring to. I was never confused though.
    05-25-2011 10:54 AM
    lets just say your both wrong.
    05-25-2011 12:08 PM
    Gotcha...I think I know what you're referring to. I was never confused though.
    The Targa is totally redone hardware and they changed the code name or they just changed up the form factor a bit?

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 12:12 PM
    June 9th looks to be the reveal of the photon

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 01:15 PM
    June 9th looks to be the reveal of the photon

Sent from my Droid
    source it up

edit: nvm i see it, i cannot WAITTT

How brave of them to do the conference during E3 week, and just 3 days after Apples confernce on June 6th

http://phandroid.com/2011/05/25/spri...vent-june-9th/

The possiblity of moving to Sprint is kind of exciting to me.

Im also assuming the Sprint Xoom will be on hand.

Also i get the feeling that alot of companies are mad at VZW right now after they took in iPhone 4 and forgot everyone else. Hence why VZW lineup is starting to look terribad as opposed to all the nice stuff originally planned before VZW announced iphone for VZW
    05-25-2011 01:30 PM
    lets just say your both wrong.
    Nah, I prefer to say we're both right.
    05-25-2011 02:34 PM
    O man, they better release Bionics spec and form factor before June 9th.

Man Moto is such a bad company. Ran by idiots, i swear.
    05-25-2011 03:03 PM
    Nah, I prefer to say we're both right.
    We are slightly wrong but kinda right

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 03:30 PM
    O man, they better release Bionics spec and form factor before June 9th.

Man Moto is such a bad company. Ran by idiots, i swear.
    I feel the same way. The combination of Motorola's slow engineering and Verizon's endless testing process makes for an insanely annoying waiting process for people like me.

Does anyone know the specific issues that Tegra 2 had with the LTE chips that Verizon is using? If Verizon can somehow get this thing out within the next month, that would be a godsend, but I don't see it happening until July or August. Verizon needs to speed up its verification process for phones or else early adopters are going to start switching to carriers that can provide them with cutting-edge technology the quickest.
    05-25-2011 05:47 PM
    Omg im just so giddy right now with the thought of moving to Sprint.

So i checked up on their plan, it is $79.99 for the unlimited data plan with 450 minutes. Can someone tell me how much that comes out to after taxes?

i know verizon charges up the butt with taxes.
    05-25-2011 06:44 PM
    I'm thinking something along the lines of that rumored Atrix on sprint we heard about(;

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    05-25-2011 07:04 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD