View Poll Results: Which is the device for you?!?!

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • LTE and dual core?!?! Bionic for me!

48 75.00%
  • I dont need LTE, the S2 is still amazing and better for me!

4 6.25%
  • I cant wait for either, i want a new phone now!

12 18.75%
06-09-2011 02:38 PM
27 12
tools
    fact being the bionic is lte and dual core and the s2 only has dual core, it seals it for me. what about you guys?
    06-08-2011 03:40 PM
    Well, you're posting this in the Bionic section so majority of us will say the bionic.
    06-08-2011 03:47 PM
    fact being the bionic is lte and dual core and the s2 only has dual core, it seals it for me. what about you guys?
    if there's no 4g on s2, then it would be an extremely close call for me. An unlocked bootloader is just as important to me as 4G. However, if the bionic happened to be the first moto phone with an unlocked bootloader, then the deal is sealed for me (the bionic).
    06-08-2011 03:49 PM
    If the S2 comes with LTE, it would be a very hard decision, but since we don't know for sure...about ANYTHING, really, we will have to wait until the official "leaks" appear!
    06-08-2011 03:50 PM
    Well, you're posting this in the Bionic section so majority of us will say the bionic.
    lol i just realized that. Is there a way to move this to the verizon forum?
    06-08-2011 03:52 PM
    I don't think the S2 will be 4g, look at this. Samsung Galaxy S II confirmed for July touch down at Verizon - Phone Arena If they are right I still think it's worth taking a look at both.
    06-08-2011 04:04 PM
    I don't think the S2 will be 4g, look at this. Samsung Galaxy S II confirmed for July touch down at Verizon - Phone Arena If they are right I still think it's worth taking a look at both.
    i read the same article this morning. It did not "confirm" no LTE so i dont know exactly what to think. i wish it did tbqh.
    06-08-2011 04:08 PM
    It might not have confirmed it but it sounded as if they where almost positive.
    06-08-2011 04:16 PM
    Considering that we don't know for sure if the GSII will be 3G or 4G, none of the choices suited me, so I didn't vote. If it's 4G, I'm getting it. If not, I still may get it over the Bionic, but it will be a tougher decision. So, no, the decision isn't clear...yet.
    06-08-2011 06:15 PM
    Come on Friend-O pull the trigger. Don't be scurred Good LTE phones are a good year away so take that into consideration as well.

Stand up and decide in 5...4....3...2....
    06-08-2011 06:21 PM
    Not deciding until we know the GSII is 4G or not. If it is, then it's GSII for me.
    06-08-2011 06:54 PM
    What a let down... phone arena ,phandroid and engadget announced that a verizon rep said it was a miscommunication and meant to say galaxy tab 10.1. .... sorry guys
    06-08-2011 07:18 PM
    yup this is a broken poll now since one of the choices doesn't exist. Sorry guys, false alarm from VZW.
    06-08-2011 07:47 PM
    That's a disapointment. I've been waiting for more info on this phone and Verizon for at least 4 months.
    06-08-2011 09:13 PM
    An unlocked bootloader is just as important to me as 4G.
    Does a locked bootloader guarantee that a phone cannot be rooted??
    06-08-2011 10:04 PM
    Well, no lol, but you know that right? Custom kernel? NOPE.
    06-08-2011 10:15 PM
    Well, no lol, but you know that right? Custom kernel? NOPE.
    LOL Yes, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly! So maybe having a rooted Bionic, but no CM7 isn't such a bad thing. (Although, my Dinc is purring nicely with the latest nightly build! Not sure if I can live without CM!!)
    06-08-2011 10:19 PM
    no, root access will be achieved despite a locked bootloader. Locked and encrypted (Motorola) bootloaders however, will never allow you to run a custom kernel/ROM package on your device.
    06-08-2011 10:20 PM
    LOL Yes, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly! So maybe having a rooted Bionic, but no CM7 isn't such a bad thing. (Although, my Dinc is purring nicely with the latest nightly build! Not sure if I can live without CM!!)
    I hear you ha ha, I miss the "get your kernel here threads!" I admit, some nice roms have been developed for the X though...
    06-08-2011 10:30 PM
    I didn't vote as the poll didn't really have where I stand. The decision between the GSII and Bionic is actually not clear at all. If the GSII does come out with LTE and rather soon, then it becomes very clear -- GSII all the way. Without LTE, I'm still leaning towards the GSII, but it's not as much. Either way, I am dying to get a new phone. Been almost a year waiting. I will say though that my next phone will be one or the other.
    06-09-2011 07:14 AM
    locked bootloader doesn't mean no root... just means no custom ROMs
    06-09-2011 08:33 AM
    I still want to see vids of the Bionic and see how it works. I have a good understanding of what I will get with the S2, but have no clue how well the Bionic will work or even what all the specs are such as camera. S2 is my clear leader, LTE or not, because the phone works so well(assuming Verizon doesn't find a way to screw that up). Bionic will have to be near flawless for me to put it back as my first choice. Honestly both phones aren't two year phones, I will likely sell the one I get and replace it in a year, but I feel like the S2 will give me the better experience during that time.
    06-09-2011 08:55 AM
    Barring release date and 4G LTE

between SGII and Bionic, I will be going with Bionic.

Why you ask?

First, build quality is very important to me. Bionic is aluminum, SGII is plastic.
    2nd, Bionics form factor looks better, just slighty, both are not very attractive
    3rd, Blur is not as ugly as touchwiz

although SGII does have better things over Bionic as well, but the ones i mentioned above edges it out.

1st, Touch Wiz 4 is better than blur despite being uglier
    2nd, not confirmed but SGII is slimmer, doesnt really matter to me
    3rd, the biggest edge it got is the screen
    06-09-2011 09:19 AM
    same like everyone, if the SG2 is 4g lte then I'll get it, if not then it will be the bionic for me.
    06-09-2011 09:21 AM
    I wish I could live without CyanogenMod

I just can't bring myself to buy a phone if I can't flash CM onto it.
    06-09-2011 10:13 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD