Waiting Out The Bionic Release

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay I think I've made my decision. I'm just gonna get the iPhone 4 and use my upgrade now to replace my OG Droid because its starting to slow down. The iPhone 4 is cheaper than the droid charge, so that'll save me some money. I have nothing against the iphone at all, just wish it was more customizable like droids. Then whenever the droid bionic is released ill just buy that at full price. Seems like a good plan to me, ill experience both worlds and see what I like best :)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
ha well its cheaper because it has less memory and you can get a charge at costco,amazon,or wirefly for 199 or less so it isnt really that much cheaper. But if thats what you want to do rather then wait a little while for the bionic and ultimately having to spend more money over, then go for it

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
ha well its cheaper because it has less memory and you can get a charge at costco,amazon,or wirefly for 199 or less so it isnt really that much cheaper. But if thats what you want to do rather then wait a little while for the bionic and ultimately having to spend more money over, then go for it

Haha I don't think my phone will last that much longer so I def need a new one! And i figure I might as well experience "the great iPhone" for a little bit while I wait for the bionic :)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Haha I don't think my phone will last that much longer so I def need a new one! And i figure I might as well experience "the great iPhone" for a little bit while I wait for the bionic :)

ha i experienced it and after about a week I was bored with it. I like how much you can really change with an android phone but another option is always good.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
He's right, iPhones are really boring to people like us. If all you like to do with your Droid is play games and download productivity apps from the market, you'll love it. But if you like to play with the OS at all, or do more tech related things that are a little more involved than a basic app, you'll be bored to tears.

Get an iPhone if you want, but it is a different phone in two ways from the Bionic, as its not Android and its not LTE. So that's two chances for them to force you to switch to tiered if they want, and they haven't revealed what requires a change and what doesn't. But a Charge is exactly the same kind of phone, and Android powered LTE device, and you can probably just swap over your SIM and be good to go.

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
He's right, iPhones are really boring to people like us. If all you like to do with your Droid is play games and download productivity apps from the market, you'll love it. But if you like to play with the OS at all, or do more tech related things that are a little more involved than a basic app, you'll be bored to tears.

Get an iPhone if you want, but it is a different phone in two ways from the Bionic, as its not Android and its not LTE. So that's two chances for them to force you to switch to tiered if they want, and they haven't revealed what requires a change and what doesn't. But a Charge is exactly the same kind of phone, and Android powered LTE device, and you can probably just swap over your SIM and be good to go.

Well on my Droid I just play games, text and facebook so I don't get too into it. However, I will miss how much more customization I can do on android phones compared to the iphone. Also, when I find a new song I like I found out I can get it free right to my phone via GTunes music app, or download directly from youtube to my phone which I won't be able to do on the iPhone! But apple does have more apps, and better looking display than my phone so I want to just try it out for a bit.

But like I said, I'm just gonna buy the Bionic full price when it comes out so its just more like a little test run with the iPhone too see what I think! I already have an ipod touch aand my dad an iPad so I already know apple makes quality products :)

elitemarine

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay I think I've made my decision. I'm just gonna get the iPhone 4 and use my upgrade now to replace my OG Droid because its starting to slow down. The iPhone 4 is cheaper than the droid charge, so that'll save me some money. I have nothing against the iphone at all, just wish it was more customizable like droids. Then whenever the droid bionic is released ill just buy that at full price. Seems like a good plan to me, ill experience both worlds and see what I like best :)

I considered this for a while too as my DINC is about to bite the dust, but then decided against it as iPhone doesn't really offer a nagivation program without paying $50

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Why not just get any other Android phone now besides the Charge, then get the Bionic later? At least you won't be switching accounts and completely different user experiences.

Unless like you said, you want to experience the iphone. Nothing special in my experience, hehe

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly if you really want an iphone, your preference, but I would really suggest waiting for the next one. A few reasons, first Verizon iOS is not at the same revision as the other iOS devices and won't be until iOS 5. Second Apple has an N+1 attitude meaning you get the current phone and maybe a revision (two year life) of support. As they put more into their phone they will cut off support for more iPhones. Its not about footprint its about functionality of the phone. Lastly getting the iPhone based on price sounds plausible but the cost to replace your apps and lock yourself into another ecosystem will cost you in the long run. I have apps for Android, BlackBerry and iOS (use them on my iPod Touch now).

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
On a positive note the iphone will yield a higher resale price once you wish to go back to Android compared to the Android phones currently out there.

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if you really want an iphone, your preference, but I would really suggest waiting for the next one. A few reasons, first Verizon iOS is not at the same revision as the other iOS devices and won't be until iOS 5. Second Apple has an N+1 attitude meaning you get the current phone and maybe a revision (two year life) of support. As they put more into their phone they will cut off support for more iPhones. Its not about footprint its about functionality of the phone. Lastly getting the iPhone based on price sounds plausible but the cost to replace your apps and lock yourself into another ecosystem will cost you in the long run. I have apps for Android, BlackBerry and iOS (use them on my iPod Touch now).[/
QUOTE]

Well like I said, its only temporary til the droid bionic comes out so no need waiting for thee next iphone as the bionic is coming out july 28th or around that time (I'm 85% sure).

rookie84

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you want to throw money around and let Steve Jobs into your head then get the iphone. Just don't forget it's tough to leave the dark side, not because its better but because you'd have to admit it was a bad choice in the first place.

PS when you get your iphone and figure out how to change the notification sound for you email copy and paste my post and tell the world how you did it... (you can't, Jobs won't let you, he doesn't want you to...)

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want to throw money around and let Steve Jobs into your head then get the iphone. Just don't forget it's tough to leave the dark side, not because its better but because you'd have to admit it was a bad choice in the first place.

PS when you get your iphone and figure out how to change the notification sound for you email copy and paste my post and tell the world how you did it... (you can't, Jobs won't let you, he doesn't want you to...)

Haha money isn't a concern, I have a lot saved up. It will be no problem switching back to android, I love it. I just want something different for a few months! And yeah I hardly ever use my e-mail and will have notifications turned of for email so that's not a concern to me!
*but you can change your e-mail notifiication ringtones, its called jailbreaking! Very easy to do and gives you pretty much full customization of your iphone*

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
On a positive note the iphone will yield a higher resale price once you wish to go back to Android compared to the Android phones currently out there.

That is a very good point, at least on an AT&T iPhone. I got the iP4 last june and by November I had enough of it and sold it for $600+ bought my way out of AT&T and got another Android phone on Verizon and never looked back.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That is a very good point, at least on an AT&T iPhone. I got the iP4 last june and by November I had enough of it and sold it for $600+ bought my way out of AT&T and got another Android phone on Verizon and never looked back.

It isnt as high with the verizon version but still should get a decent amount for it.