Official FCC Droid Bioinc Specs

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
FAUguy should be a name you guys all know and trust from Howard Forums has posted his findings from The FCC documents (that I do not have access to) and confirms most of what we suspected with the addition of Battery Size. So take a look and please head over to Howard Forums and thank him for his findings.
Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Page 86
I guess I'm the only one that likes to look through the FCC documents.
The ones for the IHDT56MX1 (which we think is the Targa/Bionic) lists a few things:

Processor speed 1GHz (we know this is dual core)
1GB DDR2 SDRAM (more than we thought)
16GB eMMC (internal memory, just like the DROID 3)
540x960 qHD display
1GHz video clock (maybe just the processor speed?)
HDMI jack with 1080p/720p output
1735mAh battery (good size battery)

Keep in mind this is what the FCC is reporting is in the testing device, so the final retail version could always be different.

My first thought is this will be an extremely nice phone, but more and more its looking like the 4430 OMAP used in the Droid 3 which isn't what most of us were hoping for.
Battery Size still confuses me as the CES version was listed with 1930mAh, why would they downsize the battery?
FAUguys does point out that this may not be exactly what comes to market, what do you guys think?

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to downgrade the 4430 at all, it's just we were getting rumors/speculation that the Bionic was going to be 1.2ghz 4460 processor which has more than one advantage over the 4430. Soooo... while the 4430 is and will be a beast, the rumored 4460 leaves us looking down on the 4430 just a little.

CalBear96

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Jasper you beat me to the punch!!!! I just posted this in the main Bionic thread. :D I also hope that the FCC version is intentionally under-spec'd and the retail units have the 4460. Didn't DBM say the demo units were running at 1.2GHz? Given the 25-30% bump in power on the graphics side and the ability to ru a custom ROM and keep it at its native speed of 1.5GHz, I hope that is the retail processor. Given all the delays I would hope Motorola is smart enough to use the 4460 to "future-proof" this phone a bit for all of us who have waited since January for this handset.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes DBM did say he was told it was going to have a 1.2GHz "4440" processor which was a little confusing but others stated the 4440 is now the 4460. Hopefully that rep was giving him good information, and we will see this thing no later than the beginning of august.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting stuff. Please explain why the 4430 OMAP processor isn't what we're hoping for. Thanks!

I think either one will be fine I mean they both are good and since it is dual core so it will be pretty future proof. Nobody knows for sure they may make it the 4460 we will all have to wait and see. Most likely it will be the same as the droid 3 though. Also moto likes to overclock their processors I mean they did it with the droid and the d2g. We shall see what they decide to do.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't put it past Moto to have a different FCC unit if they really wanted to keep it under wraps yet...

I doubt they would do that. They would still have to put another through the fcc and that is probably too costly and time consuming for them to make two of them. Unless they are releasing two different ones which is most likely not the case.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they would do that. They would still have to put another through the fcc and that is probably too costly and time consuming for them to make two of them. Unless they are releasing two different ones which is most likely not the case.

They do have 3 different "BIONICs" currently, however I have looked through the FCC documents and saw no reference to almost anything other than the radios and statements that the radios function within FCC regulation...

I'm thinking it was a either a troll or someone who has access to more info than we do...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
They do have 3 different "BIONICs" currently, however I have looked through the FCC documents and saw no reference to almost anything other than the radios and statements that the radios function within FCC regulation...

I'm thinking it was a either a troll or someone who has access to more info than we do...

That's all the FCC cares about. And someone on another fforum posted the specs a little while ago.

CalBear96

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes DBM did say he was told it was going to have a 1.2GHz "4440" processor which was a little confusing but others stated the 4440 is now the 4460. Hopefully that rep was giving him good information, and we will see this thing no later than the beginning of august.

I posted a link on his (DBM) thread that gave the history of the 4440 and in March of this year, with little fanfare, TI changed the name to 4460. That would make more sense, IMO, given the delays and the need to have this be a flagship model. Otherwise it is too similar to the D3, but with LTE.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I posted a link on his (DBM) thread that gave the history of the 4440 and in March of this year, with little fanfare, TI changed the name to 4460. That would make more sense, IMO, given the delays and the need to have this be a flagship model. Otherwise it is too similar to the D3, but with LTE.

I agree it'd be a shame to have the same exact specs as a Droid 3 but with LTE. I'd hope they'd have the sense to make it slightly more powerful and compelling or they'll blow their flagship status.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It's leg up is that it is supposed to have 1 Gig of DDR2 Ram vs. Droid 3 at 512 Meg of Ram. So that alone is a major improvement, added with LTE it is a pretty substantial difference. Also having a larger 4.3" to 4.5"' screen.

Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well that was a bucket of cold water on my expectations. I'm not so sure I'll be selling my soul for this phone just yet. 4460 and I would've been sold...

I wouldn't sell it out jjust yet. I think it is still going to be a beast especially with 1gb ram and if they overclock it to 1.2ghz

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No 4460, going to be a tough sell to me and my boss and we dictate what phone to move onto next in the company, which has 60+ smartphones right now. Many VPs and CEOs are asking/waiting for this phone because we said were probably going to move to it. I might be talking about it like this because i got a Charge temporarly, so i can hold out for a while, might have to look at the Nexus device if it comes to Verizon.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
No 4460, going to be a tough sell to me and my boss and we dictate what phone to move onto next in the company, which has 60+ smartphones right now. Many VPs and CEOs are asking/waiting for this phone because we said were probably going to move to it. I might be talking about it like this because i got a Charge temporarly, so i can hold out for a while, might have to look at the Nexus device if it comes to Verizon.

What do vps and CEOs need with a faster dual core? I'm curious as I don't know what they use their phones for? Isn't dual core mainly for gaming and make the phone smoother? I could be wrong i am just curious.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It has more ram and a larger screen how is it exactly the same but with lte???

Ah I'm sorry, I was under the impression the Droid 3 had a 1 gb of ram. (but will this extra 512 be for the webdock feature like the Atrix?) and the screen is .3" larger at the same resolution, that doesn't necessarily blow my mind away.