Hard Bricked my charge?

wnschmidt

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone,

So I rooted and installed AB on my droid charge, but did not like it so much, so I decided to revert back to the stock rom. Anyway, in CWM I cleared everything then installed the stock rom, but when it ran it gave me an error saying the PIT file was missing. So, I found a pit file (803) and tried it again. It failed again, but after that the phone would not turn on; no recovery mode, no download mode, nothing! All I get when I charge it is the buttons on the bottom light up a bit. HELP!

-Will

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
You may be hosed. Have you tried plugging it into the computer without the battery while holding the volume-down?

Dslider85

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Pull battery and sim and sd. Hold volume down and plug phone into the computer should put you into download mode.

Edit: didn't see above post lol.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The full odin files did not work for me. Try to use this one, it helped me recover from the same thing. [ODIN] Stock Rooted ED1 (downgrade from ED2) [2011.05.18] - xda-developers

Edit: I jumped the gun and it seemed to be the same problem I had last night. I would just give it a day or see if odin can see it without the screen coming on. Try putting it in download mode while you have odin open and see if it can see the device.

Last edited:

Christo37

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
all n the you have to due is flash the odin file that is on the first page when you go to forums rooting and roms it says ed2 full flash it will automatically reset your phone to stock like when you first got it just make sure you know your gmail and gmail password and your backup assitant password it tell you how to flash it basically down load the file unzip it down load odin and the drivers install the drivers the programs are all there on the odin program run it then press pda make sure you know where you put the flash file pick it then press start make sure the phone is in download mode before you start due that by pressing volume down with the power already off on the phone then connect to the computer the usb cord then the phone make sure you are holding volume down when pluging it into the phone a big yellow triagle will come up on the phone and on the odin program it should show a yellow com number in the first little box towards the left hand midlle of the odin program if it does not come on there unplug it and replug it again then press start it will due the rest for you due not unplug while it is running take care i hope this helps ;) christo37

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

trentc

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
ive hard bricked my phone 4 times due to bad partition files.. ONLY USE Charge.pit.. all the other ones have a GREAT chance of hard bricking your phone.. luckily i have a year manufacturers warranty on my charge and when I hard brick it I just send it in and get a new one

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ive hard bricked my phone 4 times due to bad partition files.. ONLY USE Charge.pit.. all the other ones have a GREAT chance of hard bricking your phone.. luckily i have a year manufacturers warranty on my charge and when I hard brick it I just send it in and get a new one

So what you are saying is you are committing fraud? You messed up your phone doing something which voids your warranty, then you sent it in for a warranty replacement. And what did you say happened when you sent it back for a warranty replacement? Did you tell them you hard bricked your phone when flashing a custom ROM on it? I doubt it because then you would not get a warranty replacement and would have to pay full price for the replacement. You had to lie to Samsung as to the reason it won't turn on - FRAUD. If you mess up your phone from rooting and flashing, just man up and admit you made a mistake and pay for the replacement. Warranties cover defects in the phone, not things which are your fault. I don't believe Android Central condones this type of behavior, so please don't make it seem like it's OK to get a warranty replacement for a phone YOU broke.

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Odin Error trying to go to stock EE4
ID:0/005> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/005> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> boot.bin
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i had AB5 that was running fine. I decided to try out the Infinity (which loaded fine). I didnt like it so I tried to go back to stock EE4 unsuccessfully. If I can get back to stock I can work from there or AB4 or AB5.

**update**
I was able to get my phone booted with a stock EE4. I was able to OTA to EP4 and will decide on Rooting with GB or going back to AB5.

Last edited:

cmarks03

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone,

So I rooted and installed AB on my droid charge, but did not like it so much, so I decided to revert back to the stock rom. Anyway, in CWM I cleared everything then installed the stock rom, but when it ran it gave me an error saying the PIT file was missing. So, I found a pit file (803) and tried it again. It failed again, but after that the phone would not turn on; no recovery mode, no download mode, nothing! All I get when I charge it is the buttons on the bottom light up a bit. HELP!

-Will

Fortunately I don't have any experience with this type of situation (knock on wood). What I have found in searching out of curiosity is that you folks have figured out how to recover bricked phones via JTAG. I haven't tried these guys, and I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but there is this:

Samsung Droid Charge JTAG Brick Repair - MobileTechVideos.COM

And a YouTube video talking about the procedure:
Samsung Droid Charge - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX) - YouTube

They charge $50 to recover the Charge, but that's a heck of a lot cheaper than hundreds for a new phone off contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC