Google Services framework

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I rooted my phone for the first time.

Did Odin, CWM.

Then installed installed PeanutButta Jelly time kernel with voodoo, and finally Gummy CHARGED 1.85.

Everything went perfectly!

Installed terminal emulator and changed color of gummy

Installed Titanium backup (paid version)

Today, I was using Tapatalk to look at this forum, and phone froze.

I had to take out battery, because it would not respond to power key.

It rebooted, sloooooowly

Now, I'm getting "The application Google Services Framework (proces com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly.

Over and over and over again.

Phone keeps freezing, can't answer calls, etc.

HELP, I'm freaking out. It worked perfectly yesterday!!!

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, the phone was not functional while this constant freezing was going on, so I restored to stock :'(

That was a short lived romp on the wild side of root!!!

Now of course, I'm very scared to try it again, especially since I don't understand what caused the issue to begin with.

Any thoughts from the wise ones here?

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The same issue happened to me after installing Apps2SD. I uninstalled AppstoSD and just reflashed GummyCharged. Everything has worked perfect since.

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I did not install that app.

Do you think it is worth trying this again? There are files on my sd card "left over" from previous root. Will a new root attempt over write those files? I'm particularly worried about a file named voodoo. Should I delete that from the sd card before rooting again?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ibukimasta

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me also. its some weird glitch that messes with contacts so i cleared the data on anything that said contacts and whatever processes i saw had that name in it and its working now. did u happen to change batteries while this happened?

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
No, I didn't change batteries. I was also getting android.process.acore, a phone process, and messenger process. Anything I tried to open, froze, then gave the error message that that process had stopped unexpectedly. It was as if the entire phone systems were shutting down as they were used.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diablospeed

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
i am getting the exact same errors as of today. I will try to wipe data and reflash the ROM. I thought this was a kernal issue based on the responses though. I am attempting to turn of lagfix on voodoo to see what this does also.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this error right now. I turned the phone back off and turned it on and NOTHING is working. I attempted to restore factory settings from software and im back to the standard google skin and everything keeps FC. For some reason it CWM cant mount my SD card? WTH? My phone keeps freezing.

If i wipe from CWM will it keep the rom and just wipe everything else?

Any ideas?

EDIT: CWM Factor wipe did the trick. Kept the ROM and stuff.

Wierd how it happened randomly. I didnt really download anything new. FYI im super new to droid.

Last edited:

entwisle3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how this forum works. Does anyone see that I'm looking for help to clear data in google service frameworkd. I don't even know where that is located. I'm using a kindle fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance