not sure if rooted?

Oscarpelaoo

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
i tried rooting my phone using this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-charge-rooting-roms-hacks/86952-root-kernel-repost-jt1134-root-any-build-w-voodoo-lagfix-updated.html
so i checked to see if i had voodoo by typing mount on a terminal emulator and saw that i had ext4
now my question is am i rooted? because in the terminal emulator it shows the $ instead of the # and when i type in su it says permission denied. what should i do?
edit: also seems that everytime i try to go to CWM the phone just gets stuck displaying the SAMSUMG logo

Last edited:

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
See if you can download and use an app from the market that requires root access to run (i.e shootme, Ti Backup or superuser). When youn try to run CWM are you releasing the power button?

Oscarpelaoo

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
tried downloading shootme comes up w/ an error "Failed Starting server . Please check that you have **ROOT** access on your device and enable acces to the lower level graphics"
guees that means i dont have root.
When trying to run CWM im holding the vol up, home, and power buttons and realesing the power button when the SAMSUNG logo pops up while still holding the vol up and home button. the SAMUNG logo is stuck on the screen.
what should i do now?