Getting my charge in the mail

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming over from the fascinate forums, wanted to say hi to everyone from there who's here now! Getting my charge on friday as a replacement for my fascinate.

So, who all is developing roms and kernels for the charge? What's in the works? What's awesome, what should I watch out for with my new phone?

Glad to be here with y'all!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just gonna post something like this as well.

HI all, I am another Fascinate Refugee and wanted to say hi and ask all of the questions that Wyllic asked plus how difficult is it to brick the Charge. The Fassy was damn near impossible and was wondering if the Charge was the same.

Again, hi all and I hope to be able to contribute...

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my charge on Friday and should be having a replacement sent out tomorrow. Damn local store could not replace it for some reason. I have not sent the SF back yet either... My screen developed a orange line through it that does not go away.

I loved the SF but dropped calls and poor 3g signal was too much for me. The charge is real similar. GPS even seems similar ;(

fitti28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
There is alot of us coming from the Fascinate Forums or over at XDA. I get my charge tomorrow so i am excited to start working with alot of you all. I know that OMFGB is in the works for the charge. So hello everyone and i know that gunnermike is on charge and now GOS got his charge today so you might see High Voltage ported. sadly alot of people are also going to Dinc2 so hopefully the charge will have alot of good people come over. I wish we get CM7 and OMFGB Roms. I also hope we can get glitch kernels

MrTruckincowboy#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
welcome guys i came from blackberry a month and a half ago I think you will like the charge its a work in process as far as roms,kernels etc go but its a excellent phone.
try checking out the xda forums also for new roms etc.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
welcome guys i came from blackberry a month and a half ago I think you will like the charge its a work in process as far as roms,kernels etc go but its a excellent phone.
try checking out the xda forums also for new roms etc.

Arent all android phones a "work in progress" lol especially for flash junkies like me...My wife is semi mad that I am getting a new phone because she has to start hearing me talk about "switching crap" all over again. I get like a kid in a candy store...

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, great to see you from the fascinate forum.
I've had this phone a week after release and have tried most of the mods. We just recently got full recovery images, so major screwups can be fixed. .
Our cwm nandroid restore has problems.. So a restore is not recommended at this time.
The fascinate is such a solid and mature platform and the charge is not there yet.
If you guys have lte in your area, it is friggin amazing, something the fasc never had.
My experience with the current gingerbread roms is disappointing. Some say it's the bomb. YMMV.
I am on gummycharged 185 ee4 rom with imnuts voodoo kernel. Imo the best setup.
The dev scene is pretty good now and getting better. Not close to the fascinate tho.
Oh and wyllic, we don't have a boot logo mod yet...so we gotta live with the samsung logo for now. :p

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The charge is similar in the screen and function. My gps has been similar to the fascinate too though. Dropped calls seems to be better for me on the charge as I have not dropped a call yet.

I have had cases where data does not start up right away. I can make phone calls and text but no market and no browser. I used juice defender on the fascinate but I read this was a no no for the charge.

Hoping I got a bad one and the replacement will be perfect :)

rltripp

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm another convert. I'm supposed to get my Charge in the mail tomorrow.
While I haven't been really active in the Fascinate forum, I've tried just about every rom and kernal out there for it. I can say that after running CM7 and the Glitch kernal, anything else is going to seem slow and unrefined.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Arent all android phones a "work in progress" lol especially for flash junkies like me...My wife is semi mad that I am getting a new phone because she has to start hearing me talk about "switching crap" all over again. I get like a kid in a candy store...
I'm recognizing almost everyone here..count me in as a convert from the fascinate. Not receiving calls.

Mike

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The accuracy of the Charge GPS doesn't seem to be extremely better than my Fascinate, but the lock on times are way better. It at least finds me, it may take a couple minutes for the accuracy to get down to just a few meters, usually starts at like 20-30 meters and goes down from there.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The accuracy of the Charge GPS doesn't seem to be extremely better than my Fascinate, but the lock on times are way better. It at least finds me, it may take a couple minutes for the accuracy to get down to just a few meters, usually starts at like 20-30 meters and goes down from there.

at least it is a major improvement over the fassy in terms of number of satellites that lock on and the speed in which it locks.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm recognizing almost everyone here..count me in as a convert from the fascinate. Not receiving calls.

Mike

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

I'm seeing lotsa ppl getting a charge as a replacement for the fascinate. It's cool vzw is replacing a high end lte device for the fascinate.
Is there a dropped call issue now with the fasc? Can the op say why his phone got replaced?

Typed with my thumbs via Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing lotsa ppl getting a charge as a replacement for the fascinate. It's cool vzw is replacing a high end lte device for the fascinate.
Is there a dropped call issue now with the fasc? Can the op say why his phone got replaced?

well for me it wasnt just dropped calls. I was paying for unlimited data that I was lucky I could use. I would be sitting by the phone and it would never ring, just go right to VM. The GPS was terrible...the list goes on. I love the phone, just wish it would have worked

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Shoot I shoulda kept my fascinate, called tech support and said my phone wouldn't ring and got a free charge instead of paying $570 :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae