Voodoo Samsung logo Bootloop

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So I have been playing around all day with my new Charge. I have been able to flash most things but everytime I go to flash the Voodoo Kernels (PBtime and JT's) I get as far as the sammy logo and then it bootloops.

ISince the phone is new and not setup really, I have been wiping cache, data and dcache with every install, and flashing through CWM. Right now I am using the debloated EP1F full rom.

Any suggestions?

likuidxd

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I have been playing around all day with my new Charge. I have been able to flash most things but everytime I go to flash the Voodoo Kernels (PBtime and JT's) I get as far as the sammy logo and then it bootloops.

ISince the phone is new and not setup really, I have been wiping cache, data and dcache with every install, and flashing through CWM. Right now I am using the debloated EP1F full rom.

Any suggestions?

I had this problem when I flashed the EP1F package. I got back by flashing the full stock ED2 w/ modem package and starting over again. Since I hadn't really setup the phone yet I didn't mind so much. If you have a system backup made from Recovery you could probably use that too. Next time you flash the Voodoo Kernel, be sure to do a system backup in recovery before you do anything else.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem when I flashed the EP1F package. I got back by flashing the full stock ED2 w/ modem package and starting over again. Since I hadn't really setup the phone yet I didn't mind so much. If you have a system backup made from Recovery you could probably use that too. Next time you flash the Voodoo Kernel, be sure to do a system backup in recovery before you do anything else.

I thought the recovery through CWM was messed up and not advisable yet....

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought the recovery through CWM was messed up and not advisable yet....

Yeah, restore has been a problem from the first build (jt's) to now with imnuts current blue edition. Check out the cwm threads at xda. Just gotta do Tibu restore for now.

Typed with my thumbs via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci