I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have worked on making my droid life more fun. I came from Blackberries...specifically a Storm 1 to the DX then very quickly to the Charge. I love that you guys are not too L33T to help out those of us who need anterior from posterior extractions from time to time. I've now been rooted for 4 days and I'm having all sorts of fun with this. I love a 1495 quadrant!

So with that being said, thank you to all of you who built the custom kernals, roms and themes. Also, thank you to those who helped others like me who initially performed the trick of turning a perfectly good peice of equipment into a paperweight. I can't beleive how many resources are available on this site.

That being said, I have a few questions.

1. I've had really good luck with Odin and like flashing from it. Is this better/worse than flashing from CWM?

2. Should I always clear cache and/or do a factory resets when going from one rom to another. I've seen both answers in the forums

3. I am using GummyCharged 1.9 and actually want my Samsung Media Hub back. I have a couple of weeks left on my $25 dollar freebie. How do I get it back?

4. I have a voodoo kernal and would like to go from GummyCharged to AB and Humble to try them all out. If I'm not mistaken, GummyCharged and AB are easy to switch between as they can both use the same kernal. Looking at Humble, it appears it is a new kernal and rom. How do I know if it's a voodoo kernal or not?

Thank you all agian and I look forward to actually contributing something productive to the discussion in the future.

Any help here would be appreciated.

*edited twice for poor grammar, poor spelling and basic comprehension of the English language.
    07-25-2011 11:39 AM
    I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have worked on making my droid life more fun. I came from Blackberries...specifically a Storm 1 to the DX then very quickly to the Charge. I love that you guys are not too L33T to help out those of us who need anterior from posterior extractions from time to time. I've now been rooted for 4 days and I'm having all sorts of fun with this. I love a 1495 quadrant!

So with that being said, thank you to all of you who built the custom kernals, roms and themes. Also, thank you to those who helped others like me who initially performed the trick of turning a perfectly good peice of equipment into a paperweight. I can't beleive how many resources are available on this site.

That being said, I have a few questions.

1. I've had really good luck with Odin and like flashing from it. Is this better/worse than flashing from CWM?

2. Should I always clear cache and/or do a factory resets when going from one rom to another. I've seen both answers in the forums

3. I am using GummyCharged 1.9 and actually want my Samsung Media Hub back. I have a couple of weeks left on my $25 dollar freebie. How do I get it back?

4. I have a voodoo kernal and would like to go from GummyCharged to AB and Humble to try them all out. If I'm not mistaken, GummyCharged and AB are easy to switch between as they can both use the same kernal. Looking at Humble, it appears it is a new kernal and rom. How do I know if it's a voodoo kernal or not?

Thank you all agian and I look forward to actually contributing something productive to the discussion in the future.

Any help here would be appreciated.

*edited twice for poor grammar, poor spelling and basic comprehension of the English language.
    1) Flashing with ODIN and CWM are two different monsters. Most times you can get away with flashing kernels/themes/ROMs with just CWM (once you're rooted) ODIN is nice seeing as you can reflash in case you happen to brick your phone.

2) It is HIGHLY recommended wiping/clearing before flashing a new ROM. I personally wipe data/clear cache every time I switch to a new ROM. Sometimes when upgrading to a newer version of a ROM you are already running, wiping isn't necessary. The Dev's will normally put that in their posts.

3) This was taken directly from the GummyCharged thread. Take some time, do some reading, you'll answer the majority of all your questions by searching and reading.

-Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM

4) This is just what I do, but I always disable voodoo before flashing a new ROM. You can always go back into CWM and enable voodoo afterwards. Again, if you read through the Dev's posts about their ROM/Kernel, they will most likely tell you what type it is (voodoo or non-voodoo)
    07-25-2011 01:54 PM
    1) Flashing with ODIN and CWM are two different monsters. Most times you can get away with flashing kernels/themes/ROMs with just CWM (once you're rooted) ODIN is nice seeing as you can reflash in case you happen to brick your phone.

2) It is HIGHLY recommended wiping/clearing before flashing a new ROM. I personally wipe data/clear cache every time I switch to a new ROM. Sometimes when upgrading to a newer version of a ROM you are already running, wiping isn't necessary. The Dev's will normally put that in their posts.

3) This was taken directly from the GummyCharged thread. Take some time, do some reading, you'll answer the majority of all your questions by searching and reading.

-Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM

4) This is just what I do, but I always disable voodoo before flashing a new ROM. You can always go back into CWM and enable voodoo afterwards. Again, if you read through the Dev's posts about their ROM/Kernel, they will most likely tell you what type it is (voodoo or non-voodoo)
    Halo, not to fluff your ego too much, but when I considered going back through and naming people that were the most helpful on the forums, I almost named you, but I didn't want to risk excluding anyone or making this thread any more boring than it already is. You are my e-hero. Now to get my tongue out of your behind....

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't read that far throught the Gummycharge notes. I assumed the toolbox was for changing the theme and such. I'll go do my homework. Now that I'm getting more comfortable I'll expand my horizons...and read further down the page=)

Thanks again!!!
    07-25-2011 06:42 PM
    Halo, not to fluff your ego too much, but when I considered going back through and naming people that were the most helpful on the forums, I almost named you, but I didn't want to risk excluding anyone or making this thread any more boring than it already is. You are my e-hero. Now to get my tongue out of your behind....

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't read that far throught the Gummycharge notes. I assumed the toolbox was for changing the theme and such. I'll go do my homework. Now that I'm getting more comfortable I'll expand my horizons...and read further down the page=)

Thanks again!!!
    lol, thanks for the ego fluff. I'm just a normal guy who has spent waaaaay too much time on the forums reading, reading and reading some more. And sometimes, you just have to ask a dumb question here or there. Lord knows I've asked plenty of them. Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions!
    07-25-2011 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD