Flashin/odining?

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok new to the charge and 4g lte network I had problems with my fassy before with flashing etc. I kept losing my 3g service so I had to do esn swaps through verizon.. But now I have a sim card the question is can I take my sim card out of my charge and still odin flash and cwm flash to avoid any network issues?!?!
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I flashed with Odin without my SIM Card in last time because odin kept failing, so I basically tried everything to get it to work. So at least in my experience i was able to flash without the sim card in.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Didn't flash a ROM, I soft bricked when I tried to install a CWM recovery from my old phone that was destroyed, to my new one I got from Asurion.

Then I soft bricked again when I foolishly installed CWM before rooting... I flashed back to stock EE4 and rooted again. This time in the right order!

I want to try a ROM but I don't trust CWM recoveries to work after the last one bricked my phone. There's so many options too, not sure which one to pick.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So you root than flash cwm? I'm so confused with the charge haha I kinds miss my fascinate because I was so familiar with everything if anyone has a thread or a sticky that tells everything let me know please cuz the fascinate sticky was awsome very well organized

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I looked it over and theres so much going on lol but I might mess with it soon I just want to know is there a link anyone has thats a guid to everything like a dummy proof guid haha?

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to a search engine like.....Google....then type (how to root Droid charge).....hit the search button and start reading.....I found a download file that was an all in one deal.....downloaded the file to my laptop....unzipped it.....then used Odin to flash it.....you just have to do some searching and some reading....good luck and welcome to the club.....

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's recommended to remove the battery, put in download mode (volume down with usb plugged in), place battery back in, and uncheck "auto reboot" in Odin. That should help with the Odin issues

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I always remove my SIM when I'm going to use ODIN to flash a file and have NEVER had a problem. FYI tho I've also been told by a buddy who works for Samsung that you should NOT leave the SIM card in the device when you flash using ODIN which is why I always take it out to be safe. Once done flashing put it back in and fire up the device and you are good to go.

As for the comments above about needing root before flash CWM incorrect. you can flash CWM just fine using ODIN. the thing is to have it stick you MUST boot directly into CWM after flashing it and then flash a custom kernel before you first boot. If you don't flash a kernel via CWM before first boot it will revert the recovery back to stock. And btw once you flash the kernel in CWM the device will be rooted.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
As for the comments above about needing root before flash CWM incorrect. you can flash CWM just fine using ODIN. the thing is to have it stick you MUST boot directly into CWM after flashing it and then flash a custom kernel before you first boot. If you don't flash a kernel via CWM before first boot it will revert the recovery back to stock. And btw once you flash the kernel in CWM the device will be rooted.

I can tell you from personal experience, cwm before rooting is a bad idea. My phone was made inoperable by doing this. Why take unnecessary risk when you can just root and then flash cwm?

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so root before flash and can you tell me what the different radios are cuz I thought the sim card was the data/service? So why are there different radios with different roms and some people get bad service with different radios if the sim is the service? Cash someone give me a step by step to what they did and rom they have to get me a little familiar with the charge like I was the fascinate? Id rather try someones setup before getting comfortable you know?

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
One more question can I just flash gummy charge 1.9 through odin without rooting first since its an odin file?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908