OK my eyes are going cross eyed from looking through 100 different threads. I have Altered Beast, EE4 radios etc. Voodoo Lagfix. I want to try try Gingerbread. In lamens terms, how in the heck do I go about this? Which files? Do I need to disable lagfix? I know how to use Odin and what not, I just have no clue which file to download and put on the phone and whether I have to disable anything or what not. Debating just going back to stock and starting it from there, I'm so freaking confused.

Any help or links to which I should be using would be great
    07-27-2011 11:35 PM
    OK my eyes are going cross eyed from looking through 100 different threads. I have Altered Beast, EE4 radios etc. Voodoo Lagfix. I want to try try Gingerbread. In lamens terms, how in the heck do I go about this? Which files? Do I need to disable lagfix? I know how to use Odin and what not, I just have no clue which file to download and put on the phone and whether I have to disable anything or what not. Debating just going back to stock and starting it from there, I'm so freaking confused.

Any help or links to which I should be using would be great
    "CHARGE KIT" Everything you need to flash v1/v2/GingerKit - xda-developers

This should get you started.
    07-27-2011 11:45 PM
    I have Odin, Samsung files. I already have Voodoo on the phone. That's where I am confused...do I need to disable the lagfix? I know I have to go ahead and upgrade CWM, pretty sure my version is old.

So I guess I need to know, which gingerbread file? Do I need to disable anything before I flash it or do I just straight flash over whatever is already on my phone? That's what worries me is in the past if you forgot to disable lagfix you got a nice bricked phone, when going to GB, is it the same or can I ignore the fact I have it and just flash any GB file right over the top?

Lord, I'm confusing myself here
    07-27-2011 11:59 PM
    always a safe bet to disable lagfix first but in reality it is not needed if you want to go to GB. The file will wipe out and reset the entire device and fielsystem by going to GB.
    07-28-2011 07:26 AM
    I could be wrong here, but here's what I've gathered. If you flash a file with ODIN, it resets/replaces the entire system. So it really doesn't matter if you have lagfix enabled or not. But if you flash something with CWM that is either voodoo or non-voodoo, it's always best to disable lagfix before flashing. Hopefully, my thinking is right. If not, someone else feel free to chime in.
    07-28-2011 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD