GummyCharge1.9 question

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
hey all I just came from fascinate which I flashed often and been reading the info for charge.
is the GummyChargedFE 1.9.1 only a ROM......and no kernel packaged inside.
its only a zip so I am thinking ROM only
I noticed the next one is voodoo Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM

just trying to get my ducks in a row......before the plunge.....lol

You are correct. The first link you posted is just the ROM. The second link you posted is the full ODIN package. (ROM, Kernel and CWM)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the cwm package but i am new to rooting and have never done it before. whats next? How do i install?

You are going to have to give us a little more information than that. Is the GummyCharge 1.9 file the only one you have? Do you have the Samsung drivers installed? Do you have ODIN installed on your computer?

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You are going to have to give us a little more information than that. Is the GummyCharge 1.9 file the only one you have? Do you have the Samsung drivers installed? Do you have ODIN installed on your computer?

I have the odin installed, and the samsung drivers as well.

i downloaded the gummycharged 1.9.1 full odin cwm... and the 1.9.1 zip file.

i am not completely computer illiterate but i have never worked with linux before and somethings are foreign to me. since i never have done this before i do not want to brick my phone either, but i do want increased perfromance.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the odin installed, and the samsung drivers as well.

i downloaded the gummycharged 1.9.1 full odin cwm... and the 1.9.1 zip file.

i am not completely computer illiterate but i have never worked with linux before and somethings are foreign to me. since i never have done this before i do not want to brick my phone either, but i do want increased perfromance.

It would be easiest to just use the ODIN file. Follow the instructions in this thread for flashing the package in ODIN. Disregard the part in steps 8 & 9 about holding the volume down and power buttons to get into download mode then connecting the usb cord. Simply follow the instructions in the hint below the picture in step 9. Hold the volume down button and connect the USB cable.

HOW TO: Flash ROMs with Odin3 v1.82, tailored to GB 2.3.4 - xda-developers

And don't worry which version of ODIN you have or that you are not flashing a GB 2.3.4 file. These instructions work for all versions of ODIN, and for all ODIN files.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
It would be easiest to just use the ODIN file. Follow the instructions in this thread for flashing the package in ODIN. Disregard the part in steps 8 & 9 about holding the volume down and power buttons to get into download mode then connecting the usb cord. Simply follow the instructions in the hint below the picture in step 9. Hold the volume down button and connect the USB cable.

HOW TO: Flash ROMs with Odin3 v1.82, tailored to GB 2.3.4 - xda-developers

And don't worry which version of ODIN you have or that you are not flashing a GB 2.3.4 file. These instructions work for all versions of ODIN, and for all ODIN files.

so activate odin and select the zip file for gummy and extract the contents?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so activate odin and select the zip file for gummy and extract the contents?

Yes extract the contents of the full ODIN 7 zip file so you have a .tar.md5 file, open ODIN, click the PDA button, find the .tar.md5 file, double click on it, click the start button, sit back and let ODIN do it's thing.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
sweet, odin did it on the first try, awesome, whats next guys?

Well you now have a custom ROM, kernel, and recovery on your phone with root. You have everything you need for now. Set your phone up how you want. If you don't like the launcher included with the ROM, you can download a different launcher from the market which will allow different customizations as far as look and UI (user interface) are concerned. With different launchers you can customize things such as how many homescreens you have, how many icons you have in the dock at the bottom of the screen, how your app drawer is organized and displayed, etc. You may want to set your phone up with the launcher included in the ROM for now just to get a feel for the phone, then as you play around with it, you can get a better feel of what you like and what you don't like. That way you will have a better idea of what it is you want and can look or those things when searching through options.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Well you now have a custom ROM, kernel, and recovery on your phone with root. You have everything you need for now. Set your phone up how you want. If you don't like the launcher included with the ROM, you can download a different launcher from the market which will allow different customizations as far as look and UI (user interface) are concerned. With different launchers you can customize things such as how many homescreens you have, how many icons you have in the dock at the bottom of the screen, how your app drawer is organized and displayed, etc. You may want to set your phone up with the launcher included in the ROM for now just to get a feel for the phone, then as you play around with it, you can get a better feel of what you like and what you don't like. That way you will have a better idea of what it is you want and can look or those things when searchhttp://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com/images/smilies/kiss.gifing through options.

Yeah definitely I will, I was running Go launcher and sms b4 and what not. I ust ran quadrant too... old highest was 977, first test was 1690, sweet!

Thanks for the help guys :D

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. That's what this forum is for.

Well with some forums the only reply you can get out of some people is "search button" or "use search" so I am glad I found a forum that actually helps.

Now to read up on some setcpu/ overclock forums, may not need it though. considering my htc thunderbolt was 1400 un rooted and this thing now is 1700ish.

I was trying to play star blitz but with all the bloatware and background apps it would freeze unless i literally forceclosed everything. Now to give her another try and see how it runs.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ddemlong, a cool tip with gummycharged.

Go into the spare parts app in your app drawer and change window animation and transition animation to fast. makes the phone crazy fast when opening closing things.

Reactions: ddemlong

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Ddemlong, a cool tip with gummycharged.

Go into the spare parts app in your app drawer and change window animation and transition animation to fast. makes the phone crazy fast when opening closing things.

OK thanks, another quick one for you guys, do any of you have a good set up for setcpu? I know people can fry the cpu if its too crazy, but what would you recommend the max overclock? voltage changes?

Ive done a few google searches and haven't found much.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I personally use voltage control but for this phone its max stock voltage is 1300mv (1200mhz) but i still go over to 1375mv (1400mhz), i just monitor my phones temperature closely so the cpu doesnt cook. Every phone is different so experiment with different mv values for undervolting. Basic rule of thumb as you climb higher on the frequency scale you want to increase voltage otherwise you will have lockups or lag. Use cpu spy from the market to see which frequencies are being used the most which will give you an idea of which ones to enable. Hope this helps!

Heres my setup:
bfq scheduler conservative governor
OCd to 1400Mhz
1300 and 1400 - 25mv
1100 and 1200mhz - 50mv
600-1000mhz - 75mv
200-400mhz - 100mv

Reactions: ddemlong

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I personally use voltage control but for this phone its max stock voltage is 1300mv (1200mhz) but i still go over to 1375mv (1400mhz), i just monitor my phones temperature closely so the cpu doesnt cook. Every phone is different so experiment with different mv values for undervolting. Basic rule of thumb as you climb higher on the frequency scale you want to increase voltage otherwise you will have lockups or lag. Use cpu spy from the market to see which frequencies are being used the most which will give you an idea of which ones to enable. Hope this helps!

Heres my setup:
OCd to 1400Mhz
1300 and 1400 - 25mv
1100 and 1200mhz - 50mv
600-1000mhz - 75mv
200-400mhz - 100mv

Never knew there was an app for that; good to know I will have to check it out. Thnaks

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Heres my setup:
OCd to 1400Mhz
1300 and 1400 - 25mv
1100 and 1200mhz - 50mv
600-1000mhz - 75mv
200-400mhz - 100mv

Hmm, I tried the settings but it keeps causing the phone to lock and shut down. After it shuts down and locks Set/CPU then takes the voltage settings back to 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton